S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know im 4-linking the rear end and i want f/b/s/s but i dont know what type to get. I dont like the idea of not having shocks or having to relocate them in the front. i have seen those shockwave things where its like a shock with the airbag in it. someone else told me to get blojax or something like that. what do you guys think?

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i have been told by quite a few people that both the blowjax and the shockwaves are a waste of money. they said that they break very easily and that they dont let the truck "lay out". they stop the front end 1 or 2 inches from laying on the ground when aired out.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was afraid off but i dont know what else to do with the front shocks then

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I know alot of people who aren't running shocks in the front...you might try it before you decide to relocate the shock...I drive my buddies truck all the time and he is not running shocks on the front...rides good...if you are looking for quality parts check out this site...

www.silverstarcustoms.com

This is wear my friends and I shop...very nice people...and they know what they are doing there.:thumbup:

·
2,186 Posts
i have read articles in Truckin, Street Trucks, Mini Truckin, and Sport Truck about relocating the front shocks to be attached to the sway bar so that the tires dont rub on the shocks when turning. it sounded wierd at first but they said that the ride was the same as having them where they were before, relocated outside of the spring pockets. if i can get my scanner to work ill scan the articles to post up here.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MightyMouseJ5 said:
i have read articles in Truckin, Street Trucks, Mini Truckin, and Sport Truck about relocating the front shocks to be attached to the sway bar so that the tires dont rub on the shocks when turning. it sounded wierd at first but they said that the ride was the same as having them where they were before, relocated outside of the spring pockets. if i can get my scanner to work ill scan the articles to post up here.
i saw the article in mini trucking a while back i think but if you can scan them then send it to my email please

·
2,186 Posts
99noma said:

i saw the article in mini trucking a while back i think but if you can scan them then send it to my email please
it might be a while. my scanner has been offically laid to rest! tell ya what. send me a PM with your mailing address and ill photo copy the article and mail it to you via snail mail. let me know!:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts