S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, im goign to try to bag my truck on 20's, yes yes i know search right?... well not quite, i was wondering if i could bag it to the wells, or maybe cut out the wells and go a little lower, not quite layed out, then lay it out later? Right now i have a 2/3 drop will i need to buy more spindles or what to lower it before i bag it?..... sorry i have no idea what im doing but i guess you have to learn somewhere someone tell me where to start?

·
bodydropped on 22s!
10,643 Posts
you will need 2 inch drop spindles for sure. if u dont remove the inner fenders it will look funky

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
99SonomaHeavenS said:
i was thinking a nother pair of 2 inch for the front, then replace the 3 inch block in the back with a 5 or a 6 if they sell it but where from there?

what do you mean when you say another pair of 2" for the front?

·
Anybody got 20's?
5,731 Posts
99SonomaHeavenS said:
i was thinking a nother pair of 2 inch for the front, then replace the 3 inch block in the back with a 5 or a 6 if they sell it but where from there?
Alright, what is the truck lowered with right now that makes it have a 2/3 drop? Do ya have
2" drop spindles or drop springs in the front? Do you have blocks or drop leafs or have you pulled a leaf in the back? If it is lowered with spindles in the front then all you need to get is.

Valves
compressor
switchbox
pressure switch
bags
bag cups
air line
fittings
relays
wiring

Check with suicidedoors.com. They sell a good front bag kit for a good price.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Bdydrp02s10 said:
Alright, what is the truck lowered with right now that makes it have a 2/3 drop? Do ya have
2" drop spindles or drop springs in the front? Do you have blocks or drop leafs or have you pulled a leaf in the back? If it is lowered with spindles in the front then all you need to get is.

Valves
compressor
switchbox
pressure switch
bags
bag cups
air line
fittings
relays
wiring

Tanks too :p

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bdydrp02s10 said:

Valves
compressor
switchbox
pressure switch
bags
bag cups
air line
fittings
relays
wiring

ok so the front is lowered with spindles so how the heck do I get it on the ground???

·
no more S10
17,421 Posts
99SonomaHeavenS said:
ok so the front is lowered with spindles so how the heck do I get it on the ground???
The whole idea of bagging the front an S-series truck is replacing the coil springs with the air bag. When the air is released from the bag, the truck lays on the ground. When air is added to the bag, it comes off the ground.

What you are going to have to do is put together an air managment system in the bed of your truck. This will include an air compressor to provide compressed air to an air tank which will store the air until you need it. You will also need valves which will control the flow of air into and out of the bags, and air line which will transport the air to and from the bags.
Up front you will remove your coil springs, cut your spring pocket out to give the airbag clearance, then put the airbag back where your stock coil spring was using bag cups. Once the air bag is in and there is no rubbing you plumb the airline and put the front end back together.
Now that this is done you can use electric switches inside the cab of your truck to control the valves which will send air into and out of your air bag allowing the truck to go up and down.

Now to bag the back you have several options. You can run a monoleaf setup where you will remove all your leaf springs but one and get a 4" block virtually dropping your truck so low it will sit on the ground. You will then install airbags over the axle to raise the truck up. The more common and more favored option is removing your leaf springs all together and installing a link type rear setup in which the links control the movement of your axle (up and down and keeping it from swaying side to side) then your bags will be mounted to raise and lower the truck.

My description is only breaking the ice when it comes to explaining air suspension but I hope it helps you some.

For more information be sure to check out www.bagginit.com That's where I learned a lot of what I know. I would suggest checking that site out and reading over the entire thing several times.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NCarolinaS10 said:
The whole idea of bagging the front an S-series truck is replacing the coil springs with the air bag. When the air is released from the bag, the truck lays on the ground. When air is added to the bag, it comes off the ground.

What you are going to have to do is put together an air managment system in the bed of your truck. This will include an air compressor to provide compressed air to an air tank which will store the air until you need it. You will also need valves which will control the flow of air into and out of the bags, and air line which will transport the air to and from the bags.
Up front you will remove your coil springs, cut your spring pocket out to give the airbag clearance, then put the airbag back where your stock coil spring was using bag cups. Once the air bag is in and there is no rubbing you plumb the airline and put the front end back together.
Now that this is done you can use electric switches inside the cab of your truck to control the valves which will send air into and out of your air bag allowing the truck to go up and down.

Now to bag the back you have several options. You can run a monoleaf setup where you will remove all your leaf springs but one and get a 4" block virtually dropping your truck so low it will sit on the ground. You will then install airbags over the axle to raise the truck up. The more common and more favored option is removing your leaf springs all together and installing a link type rear setup in which the links control the movement of your axle (up and down and keeping it from swaying side to side) then your bags will be mounted to raise and lower the truck.

My description is only breaking the ice when it comes to explaining air suspension but I hope it helps you some.

For more information be sure to check out www.bagginit.com That's where I learned a lot of what I know. I would suggest checking that site out and reading over the entire thing several times.
i knew most of that but you answered my question.... so i remove the coils and trim the pockets, what exactly do the coils look like, are they the thick red springs?
Maybe a description of where they are located.... that would be great, im learning a lot just by tackling it and seeing first hand what you guys are talking about, hopefully ill learn everything i need....

do i need to notch the frame or do any kind of welding (except any brackets and tubing fire wall) on the front end setup?

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NCarolinaS10 said:

i knew most of that but you answered my question.... so i remove the coils and trim the pockets, what exactly do the coils look like, are they the thick red springs?
Maybe a description of where they are located.... that would be great, im learning a lot just by tackling it and seeing first hand what you guys are talking about, hopefully ill learn everything i need....

do i need to notch the frame or do any kind of welding (except any brackets and tubing fire wall) on the front end setup?

·
///Idaho
222 Posts
Yes the coils or coil spring is the big spring located between the upper and lower control arm and behind the brake and spindle assembly. In order to to bag it with 20's and have it as low as it sounds you would like it you will have to notch the frame for the tie rod and you will have to notch the lower control arm or buy new ones from air ride tech or suicide doors but sd's aren't available yet. Also, you will need to remove the inner fender wells which involves a lot of removing and modify of the coolant overflow, ecu, a/c, and whatever else depending on what year and model truck you have. Since your just learning I wouldn't recommened tackling that project until you have spent some late nights just searching and reading threads on this forum.

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
heres some pics ...uusually you use tubing ...cut it in half and weld it in ...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts