S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Spark it or Park it
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much psi does it take to blow a firestone 2600 bag and the air lift gen 2.... the one that says 180 psi bag

·
Oh, yea...
966 Posts
Dude, I got no clue but I remember reading somewhere that they are rated up to like a bit over 300 PSI. I think...:dunno:

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Stones will burst at over 300 PSI, but the bag will more then likely NEVER see more than 150. Ya'll n00bs worry tooo much. :p

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
well put alittle thought into next time doushbag. I've already told you thousands of times what stones burst at, and i told you they claim they only can handle 150 but they burst at double that so I'd say its safe to double the psi what the air lifts are rated too and you will be fine...Your pressure switch only goes up to 220 anyways so theres no reason to even worry about the bags failling, i would worry about your ghetto wiring first :D

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
My bags never see more than 130, even when i hit a bump... cuz if the pressure is already at 110, for example, the suspension is too damn stiff cuz its already maxed out, so the bag won't compress any more, so the pressure changes slightly. Even at my ride height of 55, when I hit a bump, the pressure never goes above 70.

·
Registered
51 Posts
we put 400+ psi to the air lift gen 2 xtreme? whichever their good one is,and no problems or strech marks.....daily driven on 300 psi b4 i had dual port....
i saw air lift bags take 500+ at a show...i was impreessed...hoppin 53"...tho it had no motor...

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
SlammedDime said:
Yea.... but it wasn't needed in order to max out the suspension.
So...you said never. Hehe, technicality > you

:flipoff:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts