S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short: 1977 Caprice wagon (sig...). Back end is sagging and I'd like to replace the springs, but I was thinking maybe it'd be simple to throw bags in there instead? It's got coil springs not leafs, to a WTF-link type thingy... lol. Lemme get some shots when it's light out for ya'll. Thinking maybe there's a possiblilty somebody's dealt with it before. Thx!

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
roadlet_411 said:
Long story short: 1977 Caprice wagon (sig...). Back end is sagging and I'd like to replace the springs, but I was thinking maybe it'd be simple to throw bags in there instead? It's got coil springs not leafs, to a WTF-link type thingy... lol. Lemme get some shots when it's light out for ya'll. Thinking maybe there's a possiblilty somebody's dealt with it before. Thx!
Long story short: Coil springs = easier to work with then leafs. You'll basically use a setup like you do on the front of your truck. They key is using the right bag and getting a proper height and diameter for the cups.

·
Slammedcruiser98
1,269 Posts
yeah man that makes it easy for you, just replace springs with bags, just plan out how low you want to go, and need to weld or bolt in mounting cups for your bags and you have to determine the height of them.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome. I was hoping it was a possibility. The wagon's a hack anyways, so I don't think there's any good reason not to look into doing it now after what you guys have had to say. I've seen the airlift thing that goes in the spring, DJD. It'd definetely be simple to do, but i'd still be putting a bag in a 29 year old, worn out spring... lol. Although I did see some 3 inch lift springs out there somewhere......

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
roadlet_411 said:
awesome. I was hoping it was a possibility. The wagon's a hack anyways, so I don't think there's any good reason not to look into doing it now after what you guys have had to say. I've seen the airlift thing that goes in the spring, DJD. It'd definetely be simple to do, but i'd still be putting a bag in a 29 year old, worn out spring... lol. Although I did see some 3 inch lift springs out there somewhere......
Don't take the lifting route on cars, bleh!

I'm seein too many regals, caprices, and the like lifted like 6inches with 26s around here.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Southern said:
Don't take the lifting route on cars, bleh!

I'm seein too many regals, caprices, and the like lifted like 6inches with 26s around here.
NO NO NO! Not what I was meaning at all! 3" in the back to give it a rake. Wagon's specs are in the sig. It's loud, so I think it'd be fitting!

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
roadlet_411 said:
NO NO NO! Not what I was meaning at all! 3" in the back to give it a rake. Wagon's specs are in the sig. It's loud, so I think it'd be fitting!
True, but bags on a car that nobody would ever suspect would be pimp.

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
Go for the rear bags. You can have your rake and eat it too :haha: With the flip of a switch, you can go from hotrod rake to dragging the back bumper :cool: Check with Air Ride Technologies, I think they may make a kit for B-bodies.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
PSYKO_Inc said:
You can have your rake and eat it too
You are horrible.... lol

I'll check them out! Thanks for the input everyone, i'm loving it!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took a quick look around and I can't figure out what i'm looking for, lol... I guess I'll have to get with someone around here who knows what they're doing with this stuff when the time comes. So excited, tho

·
I got 2 much stuff
467 Posts
no to whore your thread. but since you allready figured out your problem.

I took your AV and made this for myself. do you mind if I use it on this site?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
KdawgS10 said:
no to whore your thread. but since you allready figured out your problem.

I took your AV and made this for myself. do you mind if I use it on this site?

You ****ing asshole i'll kill you!
Naw, that's ****ing tight! Use the shit outta that. Please tell me you know the RWS though. That's my only stipulation, if you don't know RWS then ya can't use it, lol!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
KdawgS10 said:
Awwwwww mannn! Lol

Running
With
Scissors

RWS

They made the Postal PC video game series, which is some ****ed up stuff. I definetely reccomend Postal 2 to anyone, heh.

Anyways... you're outside of STL? Where ya at? I'm out in O'Fallon, IL. Always looking for some fellow Juggalo Minitruckers to hang with, lol. Later!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts