S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bagged
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got all of my stuff for my front from suicidedoors yesterday (slam re7's viar 460 comp 8 3/8 valves half inch line). And for the rear I went with the air over leaf, I was told the fittings were 1/4" female. I guess that wasnt right I have 1/4" male NPT x 1/2" PTC fittings and I need to make them fit the 1/8" NPT hole in the bags. I figured I can just go to home depot or something to get some brass fittings but how do I reduce it what would you guys suggest?

·
former owner
7,389 Posts
I've learned that Home Depot fittings really do suck compared to SMC or Parker, but if you're just using those two fittings then you should probably be OK. Just make sure and pay them special attention.

EDIT: Wait wait wait .... Slam RE7s don't have 1/8" NPT ports unless I've missed something drastic here lately.

Should be 1/2" NPT. Thus you'll need 1/2" NPT to 1/4" NPT Reducer Bushing

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
1/8 NPT doesn't sound right for slam bags.

In any case, home depot or lowes will have what you are looking for.

·
vv stupid volvo vv
984 Posts
i think he's talking about the a.o.l. bags not the slams.
i had that kit but sold it so i forgot the fitting sizes

·
former owner
7,389 Posts
Actually, if you're not starting on this for a week or so, call Suicidedoors and order a few 1/2" NPT to 1/2" tube fittings. That'll reduce your chances of having a leak by reducing the number of sealing connections you have. Plus, since this is the front, you probably want to do that anyway because there's not a lot of room inside the cups for extra fittings unless you go straight up with the line. I think the more common thing is to go with a 1/2" NPT to 1/2" tube Elbow fitting.
http://www.suicidedoors.com/12ODx12NPTFMaleElbow.php

·
Bagged
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I was talking about the air over leaf fittings sorry about the confusion. I have those fittings and all the normal PTC fittings I just need some reducer or some way to make the 1/4" npt x 1/2" PTC fitting go in the 1/8" hole. The air over leaf has a female fitting and a male fitting but the male is threaded a weird size. Its smaller than half inch but bigger than 3/8.

·
Bagged
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

You can kind of see what I am talking about there. Female is 1/8" and the male might be 7/16" thats inbetween 1/2 and 3/8.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
chevy power said:

You can kind of see what I am talking about there. Female is 1/8" and the male might be 7/16" thats inbetween 1/2 and 3/8.
Dude, put the bags down.

Step away from the bags.

Take them and a sample of the line to the parker store, grainger, or truck store and ask them to get you puttings to connect the hose to the bag, because you have no clue what you are looking at.

·
Bagged
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Or maybe you dont know what I am talking about?? Those are the F7076 firestone sleve bags that come with the Air Over Leaf. And of course because I will be using the Air Over Leaf it makes me a dumb ass so why not just jump to conclusion's about what I know? I started this thread because I was wondering if someone maybe had a suggestion on how I could hook my existing 1/4" NPT x 1/2" PTC into the 1/8" Female port on the bag. I wasnt coming up with much becasue no one seems to have an 1/8" NPT x 1/2"PTC.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
chevy power said:
Or maybe you dont know what I am talking about?? Those are the F7076 firestone sleve bags that come with the Air Over Leaf. And of course because I will be using the Air Over Leaf it makes me a dumb ass so why not just jump to conclusion's about what I know? I started this thread because I was wondering if someone maybe had a suggestion on how I could hook my existing 1/4" NPT x 1/2" PTC into the 1/8" Female port on the bag. I wasnt coming up with much becasue no one seems to have an 1/8" NPT x 1/2"PTC.
Cause no such part exists.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts