S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ricky
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i finally got my homemade drag blocks on today after work, and wen it got dark we went down the highway, i went about 70 and slowly dropped with my 1/8" reducers in, and holy shit...sparks were like 50 feet back all on my friends primered truck they recorded it, they stay behind me for a while then beside and in front of me zooming in and out, and the sparks are just crazy taking up both lanes...it was my best drag ever, and best ive seen in PERSON not online. But it was steel not TI, and it was about 70 MPH average, and for about at least a minute id say, i even barely raise it but its still scrapin a little to pass a truck and they are cheering and when i raise to get in turning lane to go back, blocks are RED hot, it was sooooo badass, its on a regular video cam, but im trying real hard to find a friend with a TV to PC convertor program/cables, so i dont gotta go but the kit from walmart. I will add music and submit to DFW for the next contest, it was fun as hell..

I know u might not believe me, soon you will. Im trying my best to get it on computer.

I dragged them down to the first welds, far as i could without dragging skidplate at the same time.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Nothing like dragging steel. I just drag on ball hitches but I like your setup too. Cheaper than titanium huh.

·
Ricky
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, i got a hitch just nowhere to mount it, untill back is bagged i see a perfect spot. These blocks are free though :)

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
I put my hitch on the front crossmember. Rights below where the engine is. My front is only bagged and I still throw lots of sparks just with 1 ball.

·
Ricky
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you get it on there? drill through? My x-member your talking about is so thin is about to fall off, thats why im using blocks now, but also will be welding on a new skidplate.

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
I used to just chop up pieces of leaf springs and weld them on top of eachother. Now I just drag the rockers ;)

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
sweet def post up the video

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
I remember 13zaid had one on his bumper at a car show this summer and my leaf springs barely had anything taken off of them and his tow ball was basically gone.

·
Premium Member
16,419 Posts
NCHEVYHEVN3 said:
Nothing like dragging steel. I just drag on ball hitches but I like your setup too. Cheaper than titanium huh.

werd, theres a vid of me draggin hitchball in my gallery

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Mine last a long time. It throws a whole lot of sparks too. I need to get some pics of mine dragging.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts