S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this doesnt have to do with an s-10, but hopefully i can get some help. My gf has a 2004 mitsubushi lancer. Over the winter she had the stock wheels on it, and a few weeks ago i put her rims on for her. Ever since, her car has a bad vibration when on the highway. Its really noticable when going up or down hills mostly. She had her wheels balanced, which helped a little, but the vibration is still there.

When i put the rims on, they werent stacked in her garage, they were standing up, and i've heard that tires can get flat spots if they sit for a long time. I dunno if that could be it.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Dropped At Birth
136 Posts
HofinaterSS said:
**if they sat all winter, they may need to be rolled on for a few hundred miles**
**also, if you live in a snow region, like myself, the back of the wheels may have a good amount of corrosion built up on the mounting pad, which will need to be buffed/grinded off so that the wheel mounts properly on the hub**

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WickedSonoma said:
**if they sat all winter, they may need to be rolled on for a few hundred miles**
**also, if you live in a snow region, like myself, the back of the wheels may have a good amount of corrosion built up on the mounting pad, which will need to be buffed/grinded off so that the wheel mounts properly on the hub**
Thanks for the input. It wouldnt be the second thing you suggested. These rims have never seen snow. They sat in the garage all winter...thats why i was thinking they were out of round from sitting so long

1 - 4 of 4 Posts