S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The motor is bad in my 96 s10 blazer. Its 4x4 push button, 4.3 w code with 4l60e auto transmission. My dad wants to either get a used 4.3 to put back in it, or a already rebuilt jasper unit (if they have them). My question is, would it cost that much more to put an LT1 in it? what would you guys do? thanks for any info

·
Registered
471 Posts
if you dont already have the LT1 then its gonna cost you mre to do the swap. Your gonna need exhaust, motor mounts, youll have to redo your wireing theres alot of little stuff youll have to come up with or modify. If you go with a rebuild or a replacement motor you just take out the old drop in the new youur done its your choice. Everyone has their own oppinion but I dont care much for jasper check out recon their prices are similar and id trust their work over jaspers anyday. If you do some searchin around you can find some other companys too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i figured it would cost more, but i found a complete 95 z28 camaro with 79k miles that was wrecked and he is asking 1500 for it....so i didnt know if i could use those headers and those mounts and all that

thanks for the info, it would be much easier just to get the same motor...ill look into that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts