S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my blazer has a couple of loose connections somewhere. 3 to be exact. the first one bothers me the most. the interior lights, horn and rear window popper are on the same circuit on my 90 blazer. they all worked when i got it. the guy told me they stopped working before. anyways, they stopped working for a couple of days then they came back on. they worked for about 2 weeks and then they went off and they have not worked since. what wires should i look for? the fuse is good. the second short is in the radio. i can fix it since i probably caused it when i put the heater core in.

the last short bothers me also, its in the passenger side corner running light. the turn signal works fine but the running light does not come on. i thought the bulb was bad but i tried 3 new ones in it and they all did the same thing. i figure the wire has been cut somewhere for that one. is it hard to track down?

thanks for any info.

·
Just Call Me Dick
305 Posts
i had the same problem with the light in me front bumper. running light did not work but turn signal did. the problem with mine is the back of the bulb holder it self. the wires like press in the holder and all i did was push the piece where the wires go in some and it fixed it. also for the interior stuff check the ground wire that grounds to the dash mount on the driver side just above the e- brake. mine broke and did something like that. i just regrounded it and it has not done anything since.

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
toad713 said:
i had the same problem with the light in me front bumper. running light did not work but turn signal did. the problem with mine is the back of the bulb holder it self. the wires like press in the holder and all i did was push the piece where the wires go in some and it fixed it. also for the interior stuff check the ground wire that grounds to the dash mount on the driver side just above the e- brake. mine broke and did something like that. i just regrounded it and it has not done anything since.
dang man, so your that guy hording all the 2wd blazers up, lol.

thanks for the info, i'll check that out tomorrow first thing.

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ok, this is interesting. i bought aq haynes manual and i found out that the digi radio CLOCK is on the horn fuse. ok so i go pull out the horn fuse and its toast. ok, so i put another 20 amp fuse in a whamo, as soon as it goes in it pops. i was like wtf and tried again. same thing happened, so what gives here that would cause the fuse to pop as soon as it goes in?

and where are those ground wires at on the drivers side?

·
Just Call Me Dick
305 Posts
do u still have your stock steering wheel? if u do pull the horn button off and disconnect the horn then put the horn fuse back in and see if it blows. mine use to do the same thing also turns out that the hon pad was grounding out on the steering wheel and blowing fuses.

·
Just Call Me Dick
305 Posts
and where are those ground wires at on the drivers side?
there is only one ground wire. to find it look just above driver side kick panel next to the e- brake, there is a bracket that the lower part of the dash bolts to. that is what the ground wire grounds too. it is not hard to find just hard to see.

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
toad713 said:
do u still have your stock steering wheel? if u do pull the horn button off and disconnect the horn then put the horn fuse back in and see if it blows. mine use to do the same thing also turns out that the hon pad was grounding out on the steering wheel and blowing fuses.
thanks, i'll check that one out.

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
toad713 said:
there is only one ground wire. to find it look just above driver side kick panel next to the e- brake, there is a bracket that the lower part of the dash bolts to. that is what the ground wire grounds too. it is not hard to find just hard to see.
and that one too. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts