S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my oil press. gauge seems to be all wacked out some days it reads 80psi at idle and most of the time it reads just above the
red line at idle (about 5psi or so) and wont go above 40 or 45psi while im on the gas. now i know 4.3s will run on only 7psi before really bad **** starts to happen but i dont think this is the case since my performance and driveability doesnt change.

also my fuel gauge cant seem to make up its mind how much i have left. are these common problems or just my own :confused:

any input is welcome thanks guys

btw these are the factory gauges i dont have my aftermarkets hooked up yet

·
Accent, what accent
781 Posts
this is what some of us call "normal". I have the digital dash and had oilpressure readings goin nuts from day one. changed the sensor several times . been ok for awhile now.

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i kinda figured that was the case but just wanted to check
thanks!:)

·
Hyundai Owner
4,272 Posts
My oil pressure gauge stays at 80 psi all the time. I think its probably not working, but I dont really need that gauge anyway.
The temperature gauge's accuracy is also questionable. It stays pretty much the same all the time, with a little variation.
I have analog gauges.

·
pcload letter wtf is that
112 Posts
I pulled out my guages in my 91 and when I replaced them I am having similar problems as you. My temp guage seems to just sit and do nothing, and my oil pressure is possessed by satan. Jumps all over the place one day and the next its where it should be....I called gm to see about getting a replacement gauge at least for the temp. If any of you guys figure out how to fix it let me know......and yes they are connected properly

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
I pulled apart my dash today on my 93, to make my own white face gauges lol, anyways, the speedo and gas gauge dont work now so I f*cked something up, I'm goin to the boneyard Monday to get a whole new cluster.

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
all i know is my temp guage, and my gas gauge are all on its own time. i can't read them so i just have to guess half the time... hmm... do i have enough gas to make it to the next speed pass?? hmm... thats all...

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow this is a old one... i dont even remember making it lol

i fixed my oil pressure gauge by putting in a autometer gauge heh and my gas gauge is still way off i filled it yesterday i got 14 gallons which means i had 6 left (duh) even though my gauge said i had a half tank (10gal.) i get good mileage though between 18-20

1 - 9 of 9 Posts