S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.2 manual motor and tranmission and i get some bad MPG. In my opion. I get about the same distance in that as I do in my other car a ford taurus. What are ways to increase my Mpg. I was thinking the igntion module, and everything else is replaced, like the sparkplugs and wires, and the normal stuff you replace. thanks

·
95 S-10 2200
510 Posts
efan conversion, air intake, header, free flowing cat, proper tire inflation, shift sooner. Those are the most common ideas for increasing economy. I have noticed that with my efan and intake I get noticebly better mileage at the peak about 6-7mpg better than normal. Each truck is different some can get 30+ bone stock where others may only get 20 on average. In my opinion the cost of the first two mods are well worth it.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an intake and a freer flowing exhaust, how much are e-fans and what all do I need.

·
95 S-10 2200
510 Posts
you need to get an electric fan from a fwd car most people use a tarus I got mine off eBay it's some sort of GM fan. Then you will need a wiring kit. I got mine through Advance Auto. There are adjustable kits or ones with pre-set limits. I have a preset model with a 185 on and 165 off and it seems to work just fine for me. To install all you have to do is unbolt the fan assembly from the pulley and then tighten the bolts back on so that the pulley doesn't come off. Creatively engineer some mounting brackets for your fan housing and then follow the wiring instructions included in the wiring kit. 1-2 hr job depending on how well you are mechanically.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts