S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
96' SS bagged on 18's
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night in town Me and my friend (which has a dodge 4x4 cummins diesel and 4" lift plus 38.5 tires) was just cruisin n town when a supercharged s10 came up beside at the light. He was all revvin his engine like he was hardcore. Now my friend has all these mods done to his truck and is pushin 700 hp. He has twin turbos, 275 horse injectors, pro comp chip, 5 inch straight pipe all the way back. the light turned green and we left him n our dust. there was so much black smoke behind us u couldnt see ne thing. he pulled up beside us at another light he wouldnt even look at us!!!! :finger:

·
CHEVROLET COUNTRY \/6
560 Posts
sounds like fun. to many people think diesels are slow but not with 700hp.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Nice kill for your friend. Anyone remember the diesel from Trucks the tv show.

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
How did you know the S-10 was supercharged? And how did your friend manage 700 hp out of a diesel? Even an extremly built Cummins usually only manages less that 500 ponies. Diesels are all about torque! Even the Banks Sidewinder, which runs 50 pounds of boost and is based on a special, one off build Cummins engine, barely met the 700 hp mark.

Sorry, I've got to do this.......
:bs:

·
Where's the duct tape?
38 Posts
An extremly built Cummins most of the time is pushing close to 700-1000 and about 1500lb of tq. Go look at some of the diesel boards.

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
ZAK said:
An extremly built Cummins most of the time is pushing close to 700-1000 and about 1500lb of tq. Go look at some of the diesel boards.
Well, they must be very extremly build. Check out www.bd-power.com and look at the different Dyno Days results. The big guns, with twin turbos and all that were in the mid 400 hp mark at the rear wheels, which is at best low to mid 500's at the flywheel. I still call BS on that truck being 700 hp. What does it run in the 1/4 mile?

·
96' SS bagged on 18's
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
adam728 said:
Well, they must be very extremly build. Check out www.bd-power.com and look at the different Dyno Days results. The big guns, with twin turbos and all that were in the mid 400 hp mark at the rear wheels, which is at best low to mid 500's at the flywheel. I still call BS on that truck being 700 hp. What does it run in the 1/4 mile?

I dont know i will have to ask him

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
They have tons of mods for those but I dont get the idea of buying a diesel to beef it up? Dont you get a diesel for pulling power, better gas, & the amount of miles you can throw on one. Why would you buy one to modify? Fill me in. Just seems to me, for all the reasons you would buy one.......you are defeating once you modify it, so why not buy a sweet gas engine?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
03 SS said:
They have tons of mods for those but I dont get the idea of buying a diesel to beef it up? Dont you get a diesel for pulling power, better gas, & the amount of miles you can throw on one. Why would you buy one to modify? Fill me in. Just seems to me, for all the reasons you would buy one.......you are defeating once you modify it, so why not buy a sweet gas engine?
modding you make more power.. i am pretty sure 1500+ tq is still good for pulling ;)

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Warrlord said:
Check out this Diesel. I don't know about you, but i gotta respect anything (I don't care what brand) that hauls like this 6000 pound plus truck. If you put enough time, effort & of course mega money into something, the rewards are enough to give you a hard on.
http://www.olypen.com/bulldog/movies.html/F350Run.wmv
holy shhh that video was crazy, the turbos spooled up and i thought a plane was taking off, he was out! coolest video i've seen in a while

·
the guy on the couch
123 Posts
Warrlord said:
Check out this Diesel. I don't know about you, but i gotta respect anything (I don't care what brand) that hauls like this 6000 pound plus truck. If you put enough time, effort & of course mega money into something, the rewards are enough to give you a hard on.
http://www.olypen.com/bulldog/movies.html/F350Run.wmv
that was fukin sick

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
I saw a 2500 series 4x4 doge with a cummins run 15 flat at the dragstrip. Don't know what was done to it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts