S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had my 2003 S-10 back for a week, after being in a customizing shop for five weeks getting the air bags installed.

I have just a simple system, with the front activated with one switch and the rear activated with another.

Here is the situation, I drop the S-10 and let out all the air - then within a few hours the air bags slowly refill themselves to about 40 to 50 pounds. Not an issue with the front, because at 40 to 50 pounds the front end is still on the ground; however, you put 40 to 50 pounds in the back that light rear has its ass way up in the air.

Anyway, the system was just installed. It sounds like two bad control valves. What do the rest of you think? Also the valves shouldn't have got bad in a week; therefore, do you think the shop just through on some old worn out control valves?

By the way to achieve the best ride I have been puting 100 in the front and 20 in the back, does that sound about right?

--- Rob

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Ya your pressures seem about right, I roll with a lil more in the back usually, but it all depends on the setup.

Uhh..I dunno how the bags are refilling themselves unless they were put in backwards. Or theyre just plain busted and leaking. Do you know what kind of valves they are? Diaphram, spool, or manifold type?

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
If they are a diaphram valve, and installed backwards, they will lift instantly. I did it on one front corner of the last truck I bagged. As soon as the comp came on, that front corner started lifting. If it is just lifting slowly, it could just be debris in the valve. It is real easy to get crap in the air line when running them under the truck, thru the frame etc.
If they are spool valves... that is what they do when the seals start to break down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts