S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ricky
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just heard earlier that cab is working on his 4link, and he said my stock leaf spring hangers will not work, and i will need longer bottom bar axle tabs..not to mention new gastank x-member unless i build my own notches from 2x3 tubing, and all kinda shitttt....lol....dang...blazers!!!!! AHHHH

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
ya.. the bars bottom out in the stock leaf spring perches.. gotta cut them up to make em fit.. and the bars on most peoples bottom out on the frame as well.. Doug (low-blazer) said his didnt, but they're close to hitting (he doesnt lay tho, keep this in mind. Any lower and his will hit). You can avoid this by making your notch out of box tubing so the bar will clear it. And you're gonna need to make a new gas tank crossmember unless you do a box tubing notch. The stock crossmember gets in the way. If you're doing overaxle bags, you need a new one period. But in Foolish's case, he's doin a lever setup, so he could get away with a box tube notch and stock gas tank xmember. Your install is gonna be trickier than you intended man, hehe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts