S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago while i was driving my subs cut out. I checked the fuses and they were blown so i tried putting new ones in my amp and it just kept blowing them. The fuse on the power wire by my battery is fine. My friend said that i grounded out the power wire somewhere and thats why its doing that, but the store i had it installed at said it was a bad amp but im not sure if i can trust them because they could just install a new 400$ amp and fix the wire problem for my money.

So long story short, how can i find out who was right? Bad amp of bad wires?

·
Registered
233 Posts
i would check your connections once more (power cable and ground specifically) then i would turn the gain and bass boost down and would try to see if you could play the music at a lower volume without popin the fuses

·
working at 145bpm
1,025 Posts
hook up a different amp that you know works fine to your wires.. if that amp plays fine, its your amp, if it acts up, its your wires..

also what Chevypower says.. turn your gains down and then see if it works, if it does you just need to reset your gains lower. make sure your sub is wired right to the amp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts