S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have my power lead for my switch box hooked to the battery along with my power wire for my amp. and when i hit the switches and the amp is on it makes this weird noise through the speakers, i was wondering if i could put a diode on the power lead to the switch box, so the electricity wont travel back through, i dont know if this will work but it seems logical, anyone have any ideas...or if i put a distribution block after the battery will i still get this backfeeding because its starting to annoy me.

·
278 Posts
i'd check your grounds on everthing and make sure theyre good or you might have to move them around or shorten them. you can also try unplugging your rca's from your amp and see if it still makes noise. that will tell you if the noise is comming thur the signal into the amp, or from the power source. im not sure about diodes or what youd need for that so i cant help with that, but ya youll usually find noise problems from bad connnections on grounds,
just try some different things to isolate where the problem is and then you can get a good idea what you need to fix it

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
diodes won't help. Do what J37X said, unplug the RCA's and see if the sound persists. If it does, you may wanna check your amp ground lead and see how long it is. The shorter the better. I have my switches right on the battery with my amp, and my compressors, and i have no probs whatsoever.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yah i dsconnected the rca's and it doesnt make the noise anymore, so what does that mean??? by the way the amp runs all of my speakers so there is no way they could make a noise anyway, but i dunno, and i have a really good rca cables so i dont know why it is doing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts