S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay guys heres the current situation. im building a BEASTLY procharged 383 for my 1991 s10. im projecting around 550 to 600 hp. sooo with all these ponys i dont want to be snaping axles and breaking lug studs.

i have decided to narrow the rear, building everything myself with the stock frame. i want to put a ford 9", with coilovers and 4 link, and be able to run 17x11 wheels with a 345/45 or 40/17 tire.

my question is does any one know the right axle and axle tube housing length for this rear end set up or something similar? does any one sell a rear end set up for s10's?

if anyone has any other ideas or suggestions for a good rear end set up that will be able to handle 500+ horse power, Please share!

·
Cornerin Demon
4,114 Posts
if anyone has any other ideas or suggestions for a good rear end set up that will be able to handle 500+ horse power, Please share!

Moser sells the complete kit for our S10's, thats the kit i just bought, and ya it'll hold all those ponies :p

Quick Performance out of iawa sells a kit too

·
WICKED 6 RACING
2,189 Posts
500 ponies isn't nothing when it comes to factory suspension style setup if its done right. My old motor was making just shy of 600 RWH and was not tubbed. Just split leafs QA-1 adjustable shocks sliders instead of shackles. With a ford 8.8 cut down to 1/2 wider both sides then a stock S-10. Rear housing ends changed to 9" inch bearing setup with Moser spool and 33 spline axles. New motor will hopefully be pushing over the 1000+ range. As far as axle size that will be determined once you know your frame rail width if you tub it. S&W and autoweld chassis make complete clips. Moser Strange will build you a drop in rear for factory width or tub.

·
The Vehicle Dynamics Bro.
4,694 Posts
Bobby Fillipin is running 7's on stock style suspension... back halving is not needed with todays tire, shock, spring, traction aids.

Just finding the right combination that works for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts