S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok who has one of these? Where can I find one? Was it hard to install? Any idea what the part number is? Got a website address? Are they worth the money? How much do they cost?

Man thats alot of question? Just drove my roomates Contour this weekend that had the B&M on it and it was actually pretty nice. So I was thinking maybe I would get one and see how I liked it.

Thanks for the info in advance!

Mike D

·
Registered
271 Posts
i got one

i posted some pics in the member rides section. i got mine from jegs about 200 shipped to hawaii. the install was not as easy as the directions made them sound. to get the shifter insulation back on we needed to drop the trans, but i guess that was a good thing because we foond that my trans mount didnt have a nut in it. hows that one. and the shifter boot is a reall B**** to get off because the bolts are way behind the carpet.

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey man-->

COuld you attach those pics again? I can't get to photopoint from here at work. Thanks. So you say the intaltion was pretty hard huh! Man I don't know if I want to deal with it now. Was it worth the time and effort to get it installed?

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
i have one and i love it ill never go back to the stock shifter yes the boot was a bitch and so was the foam but those were the hardest parts its well worth it get one today!

·
Registered
501 Posts
here's mine

i bought mine at summit for about $180 shipped. the installations was easy - didn't have any problems with it.

here's a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
nope. no boot

·
Registered
374 Posts
i think the b&m works for the 94

·
Registered
68 Posts
here is a pic of mine installed, I really like it. Leather boot to go with it. They probably make them for a '94. It is well worth a phone call. If there is anyone still sitting on the fence deciding if they should get one, make up your mind and get one. They kick @$$.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sorry bout the sun at my back, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a Hurst short thro shifter, and I installed it in the parking
lot at work. Yeah, the foam can be difficult, but an electric knife and a little trim job make quick work of it. My truck is a '91 w/a 2.5
and a t-5 tranny.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Will this b&m shiftr go on an 02? I`m thinkin it will,just checkin tho

:02redxbla

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm pretty sure it will. But I'd contact them to make sure first. The manual I have is copywrited in 2000, so they just don't have 2002 added. It is the same setup as far as I know. If it didn't fit your truck, Id be surprised. Best to be safe and contact B&M though.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Uh... yeah, I'd call them to make sure... most people on here say that nothing has changed, but I have heard of people that say it has changed and they bought one and it doesn't fit... so I'd definately check to make sure.

DogP

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a '02 and it works on mine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts