S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got a new B&M short throw shifter for my x and got it put in.
As soon as I started It, I noticed that it made quite a bit of noise. I really like the way it looks and feels but the more I drive it the more I am getting to hate it because it is louder than the stock shifter. The noises I am hearing are from the tranny, you can hear the gears meshing to geather. It is even noisy when it is in neutral with it running. Plus there is one more noise that I am hearing from it and it sounds like a rattle or something in the shifter itself. Has anybody else with this shifter had problems like this. If so, is their any way to queit it down or do I just have to live with it.

Thanks

·
Doesn't Miss GMF
60 Posts
I don't know shifters very well, or the tranny stuff for S-10s.

If its even possible, could the cable be too tight or loose? Thats really the only guess I have for you.

Edit:

Its a manual tranny? Now it sounds like the linkage isn't setup right. I would take off the shifter and look at it.

Where are you in warsaw? I am right across 30 from the BP gas station.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I just finished installing my new B&M shifter and I don't have much noise at all. I was very careful when I cut the foam insulation around the old shifter so I was able to fit it around the new one. The foam actually fit quite tight around the new one.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is no cables or linkages going to the shifter, it bolts right on to the top of the tranny. I made sure that I put all of the foam insulation back in the way it came out also.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just bought one of the 45108's from B&M. It is for my 2000 s10 with the 4.3 in it.
It shows in the instructions an adaptor plate for the V6. The plate in the pictures is a thick blue aluminium piece. In the box it only came with a thin white nylon piece? Is that what you got in your box also. Is the picture in the instructions wrong?

I called B&M and they said whatever came in the box shoudl be the right pieces??
Can anyone clarify that?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks,

The picture had me worried that the box had been opened and as per the instructions the thick aluminium plate had gone missing.

Can't wait to try it out.

We just hit winter and that metal knob is going to be cold. Need to look for a leather or palstic one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts