S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing worked pretty good in my truck. The shifting is much tighter then stock I blew a new rams doors off not hard I know but for a 2.2 it ain't bad. The part that took the longest was getting the double sided tspe to stick to the dash. Good investment and cheap. They don't make it for a 2.2 but you just get it for the 460le tranny and it will work.

·
P.O.S-Truck Customs
273 Posts
Is it a plug and go thing, or do you have to splice into the stock wires from the tranny/comp. or what?

THANKS, truckin2.2

·
Registered
457 Posts
so what does this kit consist of?? it sounds pretty cool, it its not too much.. im thinking of getting it... how much does it cost? how hard is it to put in? and does it involve changing the tranny fluid.. cause i need to do mine soon.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nochanging any fluid and no splicing wires. Pretty much a plug and go thing. I sell them they retail for like $33.00. All they are, are a box with stage 1 and stage 2 that mounts with velcro tape and it comes with 2 scotch clips to clip around the high and low wires for the tranny. If youbuy them I'll let you know what wires on the PCM you have to clip them to I have to look cause Ican't remember. The part # is 70380

·
Registered
457 Posts
so the B&M part # is 70380?? where can i order it from?? my local parts store?? will they have it?? cause it shounds pretty helpful for $33 and how does it drive?? is it like really hard shifts?? and does it pull good in every gear?? and how do you install it? is it like plug into the transmission clips ?? thanks for the info

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup that's the number. You can order it from me if you want. parts store might not have it??? it dives fine no problems with mine. stage 1 is good tight shifts all the way through. it pulls good. real simple install run the wire through the fire wall on the pas side underneath the carpet where the antenna wire goes through it's only a rubber grommet. then you find the high and low wires for the tranny and clip the scotch clips on and it's done. You can run around in stage one with out a problem stage 2 is for track only and you'll spin the tires goin into 2nd cause it holds the fluid for so long. like I said I'll have tofind out what numbers the 2 wires are and I'll let you know what they are..

·
Registered
457 Posts
I might order it from you.. im going to check around for prices around my town, are you a dealer or something.. cause i don't want to order from someone i don't ,know, how much do you want for it shipped?? $33?? so it comes with stage one and stage two?? and my truck is a 2000 2.2L ext cab.. if you need that info.. its a FFV also.. reply please.. thanks

·
Registered
457 Posts
and also, what going to happen in the long run?? will it turn my tranny to crap faster cause it hold the fluid longer? or is it ok for it, cause i don;t want to be getting a new tranny anytime soon.. i only have 35,000 miles on my truck..

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
no, a lot of the 4.3 guys run it.....its fine. It basically just increses fluid pressure giving it more of a responsive shift pattern......race setting is the only one you need to be concerned about. Leave it on that and go.

Caleb

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SummerWolf said:
no, a lot of the 4.3 guys run it.....its fine. It basically just increses fluid pressure giving it more of a responsive shift pattern......race setting is the only one you need to be concerned about. Leave it on that and go.

Caleb
Hit it on the head that's what I would have said. Yes we are a dealer I sell everything you can imagine for aftemarket parts. So I'm not out to hose ya cause if you can find it cheaper get it. It's worth the investment. It comes to 41.83 without tax that's with the shipping.

·
Registered
335 Posts
So my local Murrays, Autozone or Pepboys might carry this shift kit?

·
Registered
457 Posts
so $41.83?? i live in minnesota.. give me after christmas.. and i will probably buy it from you... how long will shipping take do you think.. but keep this thread updated.. cause i might purchase it from you... if not.. i will def. let you know.. thanks..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It might be less I thought you lived in arizona my bad. So it will probably be a little less.. It should only take a couple of days I'm only in Western New York so probably 2-3 days. Let me know.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Anybody else have any personal experiences that they would like to share?

·
Resident *******
11,268 Posts
Orange Julious - i have a 4.3 and alrady have the shift plus....can you maybe post some instructions for the 4.3?

thanks
luis

·
More Cowbell
3,186 Posts
i got the jet shift kit and it works awesome...it has four diferent setting stock stage 1,2,or3.....u can feel an instant change when in stage two...i haven't felt the need to go higher...but the jet chip one is a little more expensive...i think mine was 150

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've read on here that at WOT the shift kit has little to no affect, you can't chirp the tires and the shift isn't all that firm. The thread also went on to say that the shift kit worked best at part throttle in which it would break the tires loose. Is this shift kit hard on my transmision because I've got about 15,000 miles on a rebuilt transmission and I don't feel like shelling out more money for something that will damage it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I CHERP THE TIRES ON MINE IT WORKS AWESOME AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED AND I'VE HAD IT ON FOR PROBABLY 10,000 MILES WITH NO PROBLEMS.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts