S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the B&M short throw shifter instruction manual. I've added notes on my experience of installing this shifter. My notes are in boxes below any B&M instructions.

Page 1 (cover)

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Page 8

Page 8
Eveything from here is pretty much straight forward. Just the reverse of the first few steps.

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I forgot to add one note. The shifter knob came assembled in the kit I got.

Any Questions?

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
good job there zac good instructions.cutting through that foam is fun isn't it. all i had was a exacto knife.boy that was fun.

one thing i will add is that it shifts a little easier if you put a little lithium grease (white grease) on the inside and outside of piviot bushing.
helped mine a little.

·
99 s10 4.3 for sale
58 Posts
dude you kick ass... this is gonna help when i get mine.

question for everyone with it: does the b&m greatly reduce the throw? i haven't ever heard anything bad about it, and seeing how bad the damn stock throw is, i really need one of these...just curious on how it feels

·
99 s10 4.3 for sale
58 Posts
:bowdown:

very cool

as soon as i get that damn exaust in i'm ordering one...where did you order yours from?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got mine from Summit Racing for $164.95 but Jegs also has it for the same price.

·
I'll Miss Ya Red!!!
2,963 Posts
B&M Shifter Install Question......

Great pics on the install very informative!

Got a question though.

Is there a way to use just the mechanisim off of the shifter and another stalk for the handle and what not?

i like the idea of having shorter throws, but don't like the looks of the B&M. Would it be possible to install the billet stalk from Stylin concepts? If not the stalk, what about the bowtie knob?

If you can hook me up wtih some info here man! and thanks , Great topic!:thumbup:

·
I'll Miss Ya Red!!!
2,963 Posts
Cool Thanks Zac!

I see that in the Photo you have an other knob on yours?!?

I think I can get the knob for the stalkthat I want to work on the B&M, if Not, I'll come up with something!

Style and performance!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:thumbup: :beer:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts