S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
I Am Canadian!
1,194 Posts
B&M shiftplus well worth the $35 it doesn't give you any more hp but it definetly firms up the shifts which in my mind is going to save your tranny as you get into the higher hp!!

·
SuperFly
261 Posts
ive got the b&m shift kit in my 82 and it makes a big difference, wont bog down the motor on the shift

·
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i need to do something, either this shift improver or a hypertech programm III because my shifting isn't the best..... there's times when i'm accelerating and my whole body goes forward because it shifts and takes a while to hit the next gear.

·
Registered
71 Posts
B&M shift improvers are ok

B&M shift improvers are ok, the shift kits suck! all they do is build up more pressure for the shift so its constantly a hard shift even when you aren't at WOT, I have a TransGo Kit on my S10,its alot better, under normal driving its nice and crisp but when I get up o it, even with this 4.3 I have it will bark the tires in 2nd and shifts hard from then on.....I had one in my 88 Trans AM GTA before this S10, by the way the tranny is a 700R-4....AARON

·
I am all that is man.....
433 Posts
The reason why you don't have that hard shift all the time is because at WOT there is more line pressure which makes it shift harder. If the B&M kit shifts harder all the time it's because it is supplying more line pressure. Now if you want a hard shift borrow my tranny ;) I got a transkit in the mail today. I'll be getting a new servo in a couple days and thinking about a new t.v. booster.

·
ROB
128 Posts
I have a b&m shift kit.
I think its amazing! I love the bang gear to gear lmao
I think its a good investement. Get a decent shifter though.
It was also reletively easy to install
:)
ROb.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just installed a B&M Shift Plus on my '94 Blazer. I paid about $15 on eBay. The installation was very easy, since the '94 and earlier have the ECM right above the passenger side footwell. Once I unplugged the connector from the ECM it was very easy to splice into the two wires. It took me maybe 15 minutes to do the whole thing. I velcroed the control switch just below the instrument cluster, to the right of the steering column and ran the wire through the gap between the column and the dash trim.

I didn't notice any change at wide open throttle, but it does make a noticeable improvement in shift firmness at part throttle. I'm not sure I'd leave it on the number 2 setting all the time though, because it does make the initial engagement into drive or reverse a little harsh. Being able to change shift firmness while driving ('93-'97 only) is kind of neat too.

If I can get another one for around the same price I might try it on my '95 9C1 Caprice when the weather gets warmer, although I'm leaning towards a Trans-Go shift kit since that's supposed to do more than just turn up the line pressure.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a turbo 400 in my s-10, which should I go with? the shift improver or the shift kit? it sounds like the shift improver does everything that shift kit does and only when you want it to. what are the advantages and disadvantages of both?

do they work by just increasing pressure in the tranny to decrease shift times or what?

also, I converted my s-10 from a manual to auto, what shifters will work? (floor)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a turbo 400 in my s-10, which should I go with? the shift improver or the shift kit? it sounds like the shift improver does everything that shift kit does and only when you want it to. what are the advantages and disadvantages of both?

do they work by just increasing pressure in the tranny to decrease shift times or what?

also, I converted my s-10 from a manual to auto, what shifters will work? any floor shifter or what ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts