S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
1-4-SHO
141 Posts
Hell Ya!!! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!! What company do you order them from? Straight from Boyds or someone else?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
98 SS ON NOS said:
that was fast. 18x8 on a 5 inch drop in front ouch gonna rub. what size tires you runnin 245 40 18 front and 295 35 18 rear?

tony

what backspacing are they
This is just for you Tony.
18x8 with 4.5bs 245/45/18
18x10 with 5.5bs 285/40/18
I dont seem to know where you get your information from sometimes.I was just running 17x8s and 17x9.5 on my truck with no rubbing what so ever,so what makes you think that since you have a 18x7 that an 8" wheel will not fit on the front of an s-10?I ran mine for 3 years with no problems.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
like i said the rear will be fine. front with 245 45 18 is a taller tire than you have on your 17 inch rims. all im saying is that it will rub up top in the front bad if your fenderlips are at 24 inches now. Why are you gettin so pissed? just trying to help you out before you waste your money

tony

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
on the stoc zq8 i did a 5 inch drop with the 245 50 16 and it rubbed on the fenderlips and top real bad. so i went with 225 50 16 and it was fine.

then again the 225 50 16 is 25 inches tall and a 245 45 18 is 26.7 . i rubbed real bad with 245 50 16 which is a inch shorter than 245 45 18 on a 5 inch drop i had to change it. oh you can fit a 18x8 with a 4.5 inch bs and with a 4 inch drop they will even rub up top but not as bad as your 5 inch drop. but you have a 5 inch drop its gonna rub even worse. hey im not the only ones sayin this even other s10 guys know this. like i said at sportruck test fit them on first and then drive it around you will see what im talking about. better yet do a u turn and hit a bump that will make a nice mark on the fenderlip and tire

tony

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my 25.3 in tall tires did not rub at all on the fenderwells or the top of the fender.It didnt with the stock zq8 tires either.Sorry yours did,like i said ,my tires rubbed some on the sway bar,no biggie.Im not going to run around with 225/40 rubber bands on my tires.I drive my truck everyday and where ever I want.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
well i drive my truck everyday.... not lol ... i have the rallys on for now like the different look. anywaz im droppin in the 89 turbo II motor in my 85 rx7. have a streetported 13b with racing beat headers low compression rotors (for high boost this rotary motor should turn 9000 rpms) and racing beat dual set up all the way back. upgraded front mounted intercooler from a 94 twin turbo. the old motor under 10 psi boost ran a [email protected] on 225 50 15 drag radailas with a 2.3 60 foot time. the first generation are only 2100 pounds, and i have full interior. this set up im gonna be going to 16 psi boost and should be fine. i have a hks blow off valve also a turbo timer. this is my everyday car also. i just finished painted the whole truck underneath. i might go buy another rx7 like a 84 85 also just to be the bucket while i work on my truck and my other 85 rx7.

ps the first generation rx7 gsl and gsl-se (gsl-se fuel injected) swing donuts harder than any mustang lol

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Friend of mine had a 94 RX-7. Sweet car, been a few times I thought I was gonna die in the passenger seat only to have the car save our asses... You know flying down a road super fast and around the bend there is a bridge that goes up.. lol car got air, turned 45* in the air landed and straightened its self out. Later on the guy put a million pounds of stereo stuff in it and it pretty much became a dog. Sold it to the guy who did all the custom work on it, saw it in Car Audio mag a few months after that.

·
Niner Hater
195 Posts
Well heres my .02..........................the Hot Rod Boyd's look sweet, but as far as what size tires to run on them..............i'll let you and tony handle it.....................lol...................just post some pics. when you get them mounted.
L8R
:bash:

·
Registered
24 Posts
my 2 cents is i dont think he wanted his parade rained on
The wheels are sweet as heck, and hell i wish i had them. Let him figure his own stuff out. I gotta question. I thought this was an s10 forum, whats with all the ranger guys on here?? Not being rude but geeze, dont they have their own??
Anyways, take it easy, yall convinced me to keep the s 10.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
look sweet. man i couldnt barly fit that lift you have in the pic under my truck at all. yours does sit higher. drive it around and tell us how it is. a customer has 18x8 timeless 2 on his s10 with a 5 5 drop and he wants that size but would like to see first if yours rubs on big bumps etc

tony

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
im lookin at your page saw the rims looks good. i see you have 28 inch tall slicks now. i have 275 60 15 and tucks hard. i saw the pics with the 18s and i think you might have to lower the back more. the rims and tires are weighing the rear end down making it look lower but you take them out you will have a little more gap some people like that some dont. notch it and go with a true 6 inch drop should look better tuckin/

here is a pic of my drop with 275 oh yah the whole truck got keyed last week so gettin it all repainted ghost flames etc shave the back only.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts