S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
G.Hunt
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping that someone can save me a lot of time and tell if I will have the room to mount my two AZ compressors (one on each side of the frame) with a step side bed. I have seen batteries mounted in the sane location, but they were all on fleet side trucks. I attached a few pictures with the area marked in red where I want mount them. I won’t have the man power or garage space to re-mount my bed and check how much room I have in that space between my frame rails and bed-side, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

·
Disturbed Image Trucks
6,636 Posts
You can take off the bracket on an AZ and mount it on the side of the compressor. This way on a frame wall or other vertical surface the compressor will mount parallel to the wall or surface instead of being perpindicular. That way you can mount the compressor on the wall and have it facing upwards or downwards. If i move the bracket on my az to the side, the entire unit will stick out off the wall 4". The unit is just under 14" long, and 6 1/4" tall. I hope that helps a little.

·
They took our jorbs.
3,797 Posts
those bed brackets welded to the frame are gonna be in the way, i can tell you that right now. Also, i think the AZ will be to tall to mount on the frame sideways (facing out ward) or on top of the frame. Maybe you can may a tray or member for them to hang off of upside down from the gas tank x-member. have one on each side of the drive shaft.

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
Frame looks nice and clean. should have painted the driveshaft to go with it. Looks kinda ugle hanging out in there amonst a clean painted frame.

·
G.Hunt
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I think your right, it was just wishful thinking that they would fit there. I am going to have to go to plan B. I am just trying to figure out where put everything threw my project picture's I brought with me while I am here. I am going to take care of the drive shaft and paint it to match, I just didn’t have a chance too do it before I left on this deployment. Thanks for the help.

·
former owner
7,389 Posts
Heathd said:
Also, i think the AZ will be to tall to mount on the frame sideways (facing out ward)

I'm gonna have to disagree until someone test fits one to make sure. There's a pretty good bit of room inside the front steps. Someone needs to check this out.

·
G.Hunt
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am still deployed (until the first week of May) and was hoping that someone would know off hand how much room there was in that area. If no one really knows, I will find out for sure when I get back home. I am determined to put my two AZ’s on each side of my frame rails in that area. I will post a thread after I mount them there, and if they don’t fit I will find a way to modify sh!t to make it fit and show that in the thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts