S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Dey took rrr jobs!!
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I air out my bags and at the very end the dumps make this god awful growl sound. I dunno how to explain it I wish I could record cuz it sounds terrible, its like the valves are friggin farting or something lmao. Anyways I'm curious what the hell is making it to that! I've had it ever since I bagged the truck but I guess it never really botherd me til now.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Wow I have never heard a problem like you got. Do u have the air mufflers or any type of reducer in the dump valve. I don't even know but I bet it sounds really funny since its got a farting sound to it.

·
Dey took rrr jobs!!
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well actually I do have mufflers on the dumps. Err I guess that could be the problem but I dont wanna take em off cuz you gotta have some backpressure ya know.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
GriMSysTeM said:
Well actually I do have mufflers on the dumps. Err I guess that could be the problem but I dont wanna take em off cuz you gotta have some backpressure ya know.
You don't get the psst psst with the mufflers on do you? Try takin em off tho, mine don't have any backpressure and they work fine.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
I had the mufflers on mine and they sucked. Wasn't making psst psst sound I was after so I took em out and have been like that for 5 months now and no problems.

·
Look When Backing Up
187 Posts
is the dump pretty quick, because i have heard peoples truck make this really loud scream sound when they dump and it was because there dump was so big and quick, but i dont know thats just my input

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Nothin on mine either.. its just PSSSHTTTT... no weird noises. Sounds like its those mufflers or somethin.. take them bishes off!

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
i know the sound you are speakign of, the valve may not be opening fully, the sound you hear is the diaphram slapping open/close and vibrating inside the valve housing.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
:stupid: Make sure your electrical connections are all good, and make sure that the valve is clean. Take it apart and inspect it.

·
Dey took rrr jobs!!
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Yay more responses...Anyways yea they still make the pssh pssh but its the last second it makes the growl sound. From dave's reply it looks like its not the muffler. I'll try cleaning em up and hope that works but what should I check for electrical exactly?

·
harlem body kit has to go
1,170 Posts
mufflers for valves? i've never seen anyone with those, my friends truck makes the psst sound and he just has smc 3/8 all around i think

·
Dey took rrr jobs!!
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
heh I didnt actually go out and buy em..when I was buying all my bag parts from larry they were in there with the rest of the fitting so I used em.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
GriMSysTeM said:
heh I didnt actually go out and buy em..when I was buying all my bag parts from larry they were in there with the rest of the fitting so I used em.
Yah, he sent me those also. I installed them, but it dumped way slower and didn't make the classic pssst, so I took em off. Check your electrical connections sure, but I don't see the valves being dirty, considering it's happened since the valves were new and that just the dump valves are doing this.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts