S-10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this all started when my neighbor text me saying someone was around my truck. I go outside and the guy had already left. So I get to thinking about an old post I put up here on the site "there's a cockroach in my house" that was all about anti theft. You can still find it if you wanna check it out. So I think about the fuse you can pull and it'll make the not run. I go outside and look for the fuse and can't seem to figure out what one it is so I pull up the old thread. Then I notice!!! There's no fuse in the ENG/GAU spot.....and for some reason....my gauges hadn't worked for a really long time!!!!

So today I'm driving to my garage to see if I have a fuse for this thing and the engine is running terrible. Starts fine and idles but gets really bad when it warms up. Stumbles and shuts off. I get to the garage after a few restarts and pop the hood only to find the carb is dropping fuel down the intake like crazy. I literally just bumped the throttle and it pissed out gas! It made kind of a gargling should when it did it.

So I talk to a buddy and we come to the conclusion it needs to be adjusted. Get out the tools and start adjusting on this Weber 38/38. It was 1-1/2 turns out on the front and back screws. Ended up stopping at 1 turn out on both. Timing is 12* and idle is about 650 RPMs when it's all done. I dropped the fuel pressure regulator down to 2 PSI as well. Sometime during all this too I threw in the fuse.

So now it's time to drive! I get in and turn on the dash lights.....NO BEEPING SOUND!!! Couldn't believe it! All this time and it was a fuse. Gas, voltage, and oil pressure gauge all working. Still need to plug in the temp gauge to see if it works. Then start to drive it and she runs waaaayyyy better but man what a difference!!!

Couldn't be more hyped on that!!! I've been chasing that beeping sound since I've rebuilt the motor over a year ago. Probably almost 2 years. And that carb has been giving me trouble for about 2-3 weeks now but got worse during this heat wave we just had.

It still has a little stumble when I first accelerate. I hit the gas and right after it stumbles. Everything else after is fine. I think it might be timing. I need to change the oil now too because it smells like gas pretty bad. Next time I drive it will be to do that.

Motor vehicle Car Gauge Steering part Vehicle

Automotive lighting Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t have a dwell meter or tac in the truck. I haven’t adjusted the Weber since I put it in. Eventually I’ll get some jets and play with it a bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts