S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
B4U Task Force Admin
33,636 Posts
I don’t have a dwell meter or tac in the truck. I haven’t adjusted the Weber since I put it in. Eventually I’ll get some jets and play with it a bit.
If you're going to run a carb, you're going to need them to have any hope of getting it close. Just throwning jets at isn't going to solve your problem. You need the dwell meter to set the points correctly. Some people have luck with feeler gauges, but a meter /tach combo is a good investment. Once you get the timing set you can play with the idle mixture screws to achieve max vacuum. Of course the idle speed will change and you'll have to adjust it. Rinse and repeat until vacuum is maxed out and idle is where you want it. I'm sure @oldeerslayer can provide a better explanation.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
33,636 Posts
Did any S10s have distributors with points? I thought they all used HEI modules on which dwell is non-adjustable. That's the way it is in mine from '85.
That could be. It's been a very long time since I had my '85 Blazer. Back in the day that's what we had to do. Either way, the idle mixture and idle will have to be adjusted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts