S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The White
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i got done putting this stuff on i was like:jawdrop: you guys need to try it. Its turtle wax with carnuba its a pain in the a$$ to buff out and get rid of all of it but it is well worth the effort

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Nothing but mothers pre wax, Griots Garage 100% Carnauba wax followed up with a coat of liquid ebony to get rid of swirls. It's an all day affair but for factory paint many people have told me the truck looks wet.....

·
The Heezy To The Skeezy
349 Posts
Best Wax Ever

http://www.zainobros.com/

This is the best hands down. Screw even the $3000 bottle estate waxes from zymol.

·
Billet cuttin witchdoctor
273 Posts
That meguires aint too bad, but my fav is using all 3 of the mothers stuff

·
Oooo. It's so tiny!
1,108 Posts
destrier2 said:
Ihave been using the meguiar's 3 step wax
Me too. Love it. Their fine scratch remover works miracles too. And the trim detailer is awesome. Only thing I've seen that works on the S10's plastic mirrors and keeps em black.

·
Registered
485 Posts
i use dust protectant 2001. one coat lasts forever, the dirtier it gets, the heavier the dust coat gets, thus providing added protection against the elements.

·
Original Gangsta
2,308 Posts
i use 3m liquid polish(clearcoat safe)followed by zymol auto polish after the look is really good...only with the 3m it looks great..but the zymol really gives it a nice shine

·
Registered
300 Posts
Well, I think if you really wax your truck good, and maintain it by using quality 100% cotton towels, and good car was stuff... once again 100% cotton wash mitt... you shouldn't see too many inperfections.

anytime i get a new vehicle... even brand new, i do the following. obviously you may have to use more products.

1. Wash vehicle
2. Clay entire vehicle with ClayMagic (Blue)
3. Wash
4. 3M FPP (used cars with lite "spiderweb" scratches)
5. Wash 2-3 times with Dawn dishsoap
6. Zaino Z1
7. Zaino Z5 (at least three coats)
8. Zaino Z2

If you lived near me, I'd invite you to inspect any of my cars. Even my Black SS is nearly flawless. You have to get your face really close to see anything wrong. And with Zaino, my paint is honestly like glass. If I toss a towel on the hood it slides off. When I wash my vehicles, I like them to be wet when I apply the soap, but that is nearly impossible unless I have the hose in my hand and wet the body pannel right before i wash it... otherwise, the water falls off. I don't know about your drying techniques but I drive my cars around the block (at a normal speed) and when I get back, there is no water on it... minor drops here and there but hardly anything left to dry.

I like Zaino. But whatever you use, two things you must remember 1. You MUST have quality towels. And I don't mean new towels from Walmart that say 100% cotton... I mean really good quality towels that you are going to have to pay for. 2. Be careful with agressive polishes. I've seen so many people mess up their paint from too much polishing. Nice to make your clear coat cloudy. I think most people **** up their paint themselves.

·
Registered
935 Posts
i mainly meant dent/scratches etc.....but i'm sure i could get a lot of the minor scratches and stuff out if i did what you did....but i'm getting a new paint job before the end of this year and i will devote however much time it takes to keep it looking flawless

1 - 13 of 13 Posts