S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
=Tenacious D=
27 Posts
I'll be getting a zr2 blazer pretty soon.. I plan to put a lift on it and some 33's a little while after I get it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
why are you spending extra money to get the zr2 when you are just putting another lift on it? You can get a 4wd blazer without the zr2 then put a lift on it and you will end up with the same truck for a hefty amount cheaper. I believe this to be true anyway but correct me if im wrong about the zr2 just being a suspension package.

·
=Tenacious D=
27 Posts
Yeah, the zr2 is a wide body suspension package... and because it's already higher than a regualr 4x4 blazer I won't need as big a lift to fit bigger tires (whenever I get to)..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lifted_on_Niche's said:
why are you spending extra money to get the zr2 when you are just putting another lift on it? You can get a 4wd blazer without the zr2 then put a lift on it and you will end up with the same truck for a hefty amount cheaper. I believe this to be true anyway but correct me if im wrong about the zr2 just being a suspension package.

If you are wondering what makes a regular S-10 a RPO ZR2, the following is the list of the factory modifications:

RPO ZR2 only full ladder-type frame with modified suspension mounting points which provide:

100mm wider track (3.9 inches wider than regular S-10)

Three-inch suspension height increase

Enhanced front (7.25" ring gear) and rear (8.5" ring gear) axles w/ 3.73:1 rear-axle ratio

Larger wheel and axle bearings

31 x 10.5R-15 LT/C black wall off-road tires (BFG A/Ts on pickups and BFG Long Trails on BlaZeR2)

46mm gas pressurized Bilstein Monotube shocks

Rear axle track bar (pickups) / rear sway bar (BlaZeR2)

Wheel flares (black on S-10 pickups and BlaZeR2 / body-color on Sonoma pickups)

33mm (early model) / 28mm (late model) front anti-sway bar

Skid plates

For more info go to ZR2.COM

·
Yamaha Factory Rider
2 Posts
Hey guys. New here and just thought I'd let you know there are other Highrider owners out there. We need to get more people on the site though. You ought to try out zr2.com if you haven't. Lots of smart guys with tons of knowlegde over there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts