S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys know if I would be able to take the AWD setup off of a Cy/Ty for my 97 S10???

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, how much fabrication are we talking about?

·
Registered
102 Posts
persoanlly, i think you would be better off to go with a pushbutton 4wd system, that way you can go in 4wd on the launch and 2wd while your moving. The awd system creates a little too much drag to be helpfull after the launch.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm... so you mean one that I can switch over after I launch? Interesting.

·
Registered
102 Posts
yeah, any syty guy will tell you that are trucks loose alot of power at the top end because of the uneven distribution of power in the awd system in the sy or ty. Go with a shift on the fly system. you will probably have much beter results.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought a 92 Bravada 4.3 Vortech (mainly because it already has the whole AWD suspension system), with visions of mounting an 87 Blazer 2door body on it. I had never paid much attention to the Bravadas before, and I've sort of grown fond of the front end and side effects on it, not to mention the nice digital dash, center console, and leather seats.

Is the frame same length on 2wd and 4wd blazer?

In any event, this seemed like potentially a lot less work than trying to find all of the individual components, brackets, fasteners, etc. and starting from scratch.

Hey, if it doesnt work out I'll just live with the damn two extra doors and part out the 87....

Wolfie

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
lol I understand what you meant by it... as far as I know the weelbase and everything else remained the same thru the 1st gen's but check the wheelbase in the glovebox on the both they should match.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts