S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i am new to this forum, but i couldn't find anything about this. I am planning on building a AWD s-10 with a 350, hopefully twin turboed if all goes well. I was wondering if there was anyway to mate the Borg Warner 4472 transfer case to a manual. i dont know many names of manual transmissions so i dont have any for examples, but if anyone has any information on this please tell me. thanks a lot

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 reasons

1. money... they are expensive!

2. Power.. if i were to go normally aspirated 350 i would be running about 400 horse, but if i can get this twin turbo deal right maybe around 650-700 horse.

i was doing some more research and their is a NP 203 transfercase used in tha late 70's. It was made for full size trucks and its also full time 4 wheel drive=awd. Does someone have any information on this transfercase? The other thing is that someone said they heard about some guy using the Borg Warner 4472 with a TH400 transmission. If anyone else knows about this please tell me about it. Another question is, isn't the stock rearends on an s-10 or syclone, a little small for higher horsepower applications?

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay so i can't run a stick with the all wheel drive set-up. the other thing is that i would only get to use the 700r4? I only seen one 700r4 that is built fer up to 700 HP, but its aroud 2000 dollars too. :/ There are th400's everywhere built for up to 1000 hp for around 1000. thanks for the help guys

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
i wasn't going to go the th400 route untill i read about some guy on the syty.net forums who did it. He said he got only 2 mph less than the 700r4 in the quarter mile.

http://www.syty.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29084

now the transmission and parts to make it work right are too much money.. $2660, but just his transmission cost $2265. I was looking into the 4l80, but it weighs waaaaaaay more i think it was around 200 pounds more than the th400. the th400 weighs around 30-40 pounds more than the 700r4! i always thought it was such a beast but after finding that out, its a different story. also on the gas mileage there is a way to work around it... you can order a deeper 1st & 2nd, and then you can get taller differential gears. and besides.. its performance usually gas mileage isnt a factor, and/or achieveable

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.