S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Wang!
28 Posts
How long do you think it will take you to do something like this? You realize 700 hp will break about any transfercase you MIGHT be able to stuff in that tiny truck... You think a TT 350 AWD completely custom fabricated S-10 won't be expensive??

The rearend in an S-10 would do good to take 250 rwhp, let alone 700...

How do you plan to stuff an SBC and all the turbo tubing and turbos under the hood of such a small truck? Sounds to me like you have a possible setup for a full size truck, but I think you will have a hard time crammin' all that drivetrain stuff into an S-10...

Please, don't take this as being negative or flaming, just playing the devil's advocate here...

· Wang!
28 Posts
I have two Camaros, an LT1 and LS1. The LS1 makes 364 RWHP through a stock T-56 tranny. The LT1 pumps out 352 RWHP through a stock TH400. They share a common rearend, the LT1 has ~42K miles on it, no problems... The LS1 has killed the rearend twice in ~28K miles...

· Wang!
28 Posts
Maybe ~700+ hp is a little overboard? It would sure be alot easier, and alot more logical to settle for a ~400 hp range, N/A motor and build around that... You goto a TH400 and your talking about a BIG transmission both in physical size and weight that will be 30% less efficient than your other options. Also a TH400 is going to give you three gears, no overdrive, While the other options allow you the luxury of an overdrive 4th gear.

A TH400 is bulletproof however I have found its drawbacks to substantially outweight it's advantages... The 4L-E series transmissions are all electronically controlled (hence the E designation) and this brings up more to deal with... If you were to settle on a ~350 flywheel hp SBC you could definitely get by with a stock transmission, only modified to work with the transfer...

It is all dependant on your plans for the vehicle, your time alotted to work on said vehicle, and the size of your wallet... I don't see how you could properly do such a swap without spending big money...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.