S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
dixie highway destroyer
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
are ****ing awesome! got my clear 9 switch in today, and spent a few minutes wiring it up.

first point of order was "reversing" the switches. since i have my switchbox wire coming from my bed, through my blowthrough, i wanted the switches to be set up so the front controls would be by the lock, and the rear controls by the wire (they come with front controls by the wire, rear controls by the lock, for those who didn't know). this was very very easy to fix. take out the 4 screws on top of the switchbox, rotate the entire switch plate 180 degrees, then screw it back down. that's it.

next was getting used to the toggle switches. to me at least, toggles are a lot easier to control. i got really good at flicking my switches, but i still don't think it can compare to the toggle switches.

lastly, THIS THING IS TINY! it fits perfectly in one hand. it's roughly 4.5" x 2.5" x 1". the break-out box is bigger than the switchbox itself. i haven't hooked up the remote dump to my alarm yet, and i'm really not sure if i'm going to. could be fun though.

seriously guys. if you don't like your switches, or just want something different, it's well worth it.

·
dixie highway destroyer
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
iLLblazer said:
AVS makes toggle boxes too.
yes they do, and the ones i've seen are built beefy as hell.... but all the toggle switches are vertical, and it just didn't feel right. the layout is awesome and straight-forward too.

·
Not Banned
3,987 Posts
i absolutely love mine too! i just got it in the day before yesterday and finished wiring it up yesterday... its soooo much better than my old setup(two rockers f/b) i love hitting sides now.

·
former owner
7,389 Posts
xbrightsidex said:
first point of order was "reversing" the switches. ........ this was very very easy to fix. take out the 4 screws on top of the switchbox, rotate the entire switch plate 180 degrees, then screw it back down. that's it.

I just wired mine opposite from what the colors say.

Also, I've heard people say they didn't like the rocker switches. Personally, I like these MUCH better than the toggle style switches that I've played with before. Who ever says their not easy to adjust your pressure is crazy. I find em much easier to adjust my pressures. :dunno:

·
dixie highway destroyer
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
98SS said:
I just wired mine opposite from what the colors say.

Also, I've heard people say they didn't like the rocker switches. Personally, I like these MUCH better than the toggle style switches that I've played with before. Who ever says their not easy to adjust your pressure is crazy. I find em much easier to adjust my pressures. :dunno:
i was going to do that, but it was just too damn easy to rotate the faceplate.

·
"i got that slap"
3,526 Posts
yea, i played with my buddys AVS rockers today and i will never look at toggles the same way again....i'm def ordering one of these things

·
former owner
7,389 Posts
C-LEE said:
yea, i played with my buddys AVS rockers today and i will never look at toggles the same way again....
:werd:

I had played with toggles on a bagged truck before and thought they were kinda stiff and the 10 switch that I had bought and planned to use seemed like some of the toggles were harder to flick than others. I'm much more pleased with this rocker switch AVS box. I can hold it like a remote control and drag my thumb back across them just barely hitting them and you could measure my truck's height changes in eighths of an inch. I'm serious.

·
Give me 3 yrs...
6,526 Posts
ill order 1 with my fittings purchase then... and give the toggle box to my brother when we bag his truck... are they easy to wire up? im just baggin the front of my blazer right now...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts