S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
airbagparts.com
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let you guys know. That AVS may no longer be a site sponsor on this site. The advertising price we are being given is way too high for the amount of turn around that we are seeing from the site. Don't get us wrong, we love the forum and its members. But from a monetary stand point, it's just not paying off for us right now. If we are forced to leave, don't worry. We will still be around to answer questions. Just no advertising or pricing. Feel free to shoot me an email or call if you have any questions or ever need anything.

·
No longer a pizza tech.
12,179 Posts
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i love avs, its unfortunate that all the autogroup cares about is money. So much so its causing good sponsors to leave.

·
Founding member of DA
5,243 Posts
how do you judge where your sales originate from?
what i mean is, if someone orders from suicidedoors, or another vendor that doesnt just advertise on s10forum, But saw your product on here, or read a project thread on here that someone praised their avs controller. does that count towards s10forum?
i bought my avs 7 switch box through lowrider depot after seeing reviews from people on here. Not sure how that would have shown up on your sales report. But im guessing s10forum wasnt there.
I'm sure that the price the new owners are charging is probably alot. But i also think your not giving the forum members enough credit for buying your product.

·
Negative 10
22,389 Posts
i think they have a lot more s10 forum sales that they know about. for instance there has been a couple of times where i call it and place a order and i dont even mention s10 forum. and im sure im not the only person that has done that

·
4x4 v6 blazer
7,521 Posts
Big surprise, they bringing in companies that don't even make stuff for s-series yet the companies that have been loyal to the forum and do they run off. This place has went down the shitter since the take over.

·
No longer a pizza tech.
12,179 Posts
Big surprise, they bringing in companies that don't even make stuff for s-series yet the companies that have been loyal to the forum and do they run off. This place has went down the shitter since the take over.
Eh. alot of the posting crashed, but it seems to be coming back

·
Finally Bagged!!!
2,270 Posts
i agree if it weren't for s10forum i wouldn't have ever bought avs switchbox... like stated before it's nearly impossible to be able to tell how well advertisement is... I did purchase avs, not from avs directly but still none the less avs... also I've got friends whom don't use internet often that i've purchased avs switchboxes for... clearly they wouldn't have had I not seen their advertising...

I would say sorry to see yall go.. but it sounds like you'll still be around just no advertising(possibly)... which is your choice and hopefully your making the right one.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Yeah we need "THE MASTER" back before the site goes to shit!

·
4x4 v6 blazer
7,521 Posts
Eh. alot of the posting crashed, but it seems to be coming back

Lmao, by 2007 it was already on the downhill slope and has only gotten worse.
The sell of it was a nail in the box. Just because more people posting doesn't mean squat when 99% of it is stupid crap. Honestly a google search shows what rims fit or what bolts on. Most of the info about mods nowdays lead to other sites. Only thing left here is the flame section. Even the guys been here longer than me I see more on the other s-series sites than here. Most of us only come here to watch people make an ass of theirself. Face it when a new member comes here and askes a simple question all they get is a 3 page thread of search noob by members still noobs theirself, most likely don't know the answer anyways. Not a good way to bring in new members and keep them here. When you do use the crappy ass search on this site you have to wade through 20 pages of some noob asking getting replies of search before you find a real answer.

·
1992 S10 Blazer
289 Posts
Lmao, by 2007 it was already on the downhill slope and has only gotten worse.
The sell of it was a nail in the box. Just because more people posting doesn't mean squat when 99% of it is stupid crap. Honestly a google search shows what rims fit or what bolts on. Most of the info about mods nowdays lead to other sites. Only thing left here is the flame section. Even the guys been here longer than me I see more on the other s-series sites than here. Most of us only come here to watch people make an ass of theirself. Face it when a new member comes here and askes a simple question all they get is a 3 page thread of search noob by members still noobs theirself, most likely don't know the answer anyways. Not a good way to bring in new members and keep them here. When you do use the crappy ass search on this site you have to wade through 20 pages of some noob asking getting replies of search before you find a real answer.
amen :haha: nuff said right there

1 - 18 of 18 Posts