S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
forum idiot
49,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well today ups stopped by and dropped off my new AVS door latch popper thing...
man i was surprised to see how small they are...but what a great product!! it is so well thought out and works great...only thing is i did not get my two bolts and nuts so i did my own thing when it came time to connect them to the latch... no big deal...

this is a shot of the whole unit put together

better shot of how it mounts

in this pic you can see how smart they are and put in a stop so the door lock can never be locked again...

to start remove the door latch from the door...

this is done with a torx #30 remove all three screws that hold it in place...you will have to remove the rods that are still connected to it that run to the door handle and lock ...i dont have them so i can show a pic of that...but they just snap out...
next your gonna need to remove the rear window track...take out the two 10 mm bolts and pull it away and down...there are two...

now the track it out of the way pull out the latch...
now that you have the latch out you can see the mount holes.

first you will need to remove the small plastic holder

now screw it in with the 3 supplied screws...DO NOT USE A DRILL...HAND TOOLS ONLY!

once that is done you will need to connect the motor to the latch arm...in this pic you can see where i am pointing at with the pick tool...i had to shave down the small plastic part to clear the arm...

now mine was missing the nut and bolt so i used a tap to put threads in the small plastic arm of the motor...

i also had to shave down the small plastic arm to fit the latch arm...then i screwed in the bolt...

reinstall it with the stock torx screws and now your done...

now just repeat that on the other door...and your good to go...now since there are so many way to wire this up im gonna leave that up to you guys...

DO NOT PLUG ANY PLUGS BACK INTO THE LATCH!!! there is no need for them...unless you have a issue with the dome lights not working on the passenger side door...

but i did run into one problem...the mounting plate hit the body line in the door...
so i grind-ed it down to make it fit better...

now to install the popper pusher thing..

take out the black plastic cover...
slide in the popper

install the nut from behind...

install two screws and thats done

but like i said before....each door took maybe 10-15 mins to do...very simple and looks to be very reliable!!!

good job AVS!!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.