S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
That 3D picture dude guy
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying a new cat back system from Flowmaster. I am looking at the Delta 40 series with a single 3" in/ dual 2.5" out

any I deas on the average pirce for this set up? Ideas for set ups are welcome too. I am looking for a deep, clean throaty sound. I dont want it to be obscenely loud, just powerful. Thnx in advance for your input. :thumbup:

·
LS2OMFG
11,490 Posts
I think the 3 in will be too large for a N/A 4.3, you might be better off with a 2.5 in dual 2.25 out. Also, don't buy anything but the muffler from Flowmaster, it will save you a ton to just have a muffler shop bust out some pipe for you, my 2.5 system cost about 80 bucks with a glasspack, also it was galvanized steel, and I picked up my flowie later. Just my .02

·
That 3D picture dude guy
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my 4.3 is a vortec,... doe sthat matter at all conserning the 3" out?

·
Need Bagsssss
141 Posts
i got the setup u want without the catalytic converter cut out. pretty loud. most common question. "u got a small block in there?" and i'm like, yeah, real small. i'd go with 3" in. oh yeah, mine is dumped before the axle. mine cost 150 for the actual piping and 50 buck to cut out the cat. 50 because of risk.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
same here, 3" in dual 2.5" out and never felt a loss. my system, fully welded and custom installed, was $250 (muffler was $65 and tips were $60) and it was a very clean, professional install, so i didnt think that was a bad price at all. however, its illegal for any exhaust shop to tamper with the cat, unless they can keep the cat to prove they replaced a worn out/defective one. taking the cat out also isnt the greatest thing to do for performance, or if emissions is a problem.

·
That 3D picture dude guy
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the thing is that I live in Ga. and they dont do emmisions testing here :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Where in Georgia do you live? If you live near Mcdonough or not too far, go to Rainbow muffler. they did my 3" in and 2.5" out for $252.60.

·
That 3D picture dude guy
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live in Valdosta (aka- Valdumpster). just over the florida line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts