S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my truck is a 98 4.3 automatic would the fact that its an auto rob me of some ponies? and since its an auto is it still worth puttin about 900-1000 dollars worth of performance upgrades on it?

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
autos are slower, but if you put vette servos and a shift kit in it it performs damn well. 4l60E is a stout tranny, same type the vettes are running so build it up and have fun

·
Banned
2,361 Posts
mmmm... auto's are quicker... they're more consistant. (manually shifting your auto that is) you can reach the same rpm's as someone with a manual by manualy shifting your automatic, and when you do shift its alot quicker.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
autos consume a few more ponies until they are locked then they are the same as the manual. Autos are much more consistent time wise at the track though. Put In an EDGE 9.5 torque convertor and you wouldn't believe how much quicker it will accelerate.

·
Searching no more
2,467 Posts
SummerWolf said:
autos are slower, but if you put vette servos and a shift kit in it it performs damn well. 4l60E is a stout tranny, same type the vettes are running so build it up and have fun
that and a custom burnt chip = the good

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I'm sorry, but manual trucks and blazer run almost half a second faster then the automatic counterparts......stock for stock, manual truck is faster

·
Registered
591 Posts
stock to stock the standard trany are faster, but a modified auto can be faster in a drag race.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
a modified manual can be faster in a drag race...what does that have to do with anything.....automatics still have a greater reduction of power to the wheels due to more moving components.....

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have a blazer with an auto and a blazer with a manual both are TBIs and the manual blazer will
kill my auto.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
s10blaze43 said:
The right automatic is faster than a manual

and by that token the right manual will kill an auto....its all in the vehicle and driver....99% of the time when a car comes out with an alright driver in a standard and an auto vehicle...the person with the manual will come out on top....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts