S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The driver side of the truck isnt working and the black part is off the solenoid and wen i hit the button for the door it isnt working i need help fixing it and im trying not trying to cut the cord and having to recrimp the wire.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME SOMEONE THAT IS IN NEAR.

COVINGTON GA

·
B4U Task Force Admin
31,213 Posts
I think we've been over this...punctuation is your/our friend.

·
Been there Done it
13,180 Posts
Can you be a little more specific than the "the black part is off the solenoid " ?

·
Premium Member
2003 Sonoma SLS ext. cab 4.3L / 4x4
899 Posts
The driver side of the truck isnt working and the black part is off the solenoid and wen i hit the button for the door it isnt working i need help fixing it and im trying not trying to cut the cord and having to recrimp the wire.
So, after rereading your post a couple of times, I am still a bit confused. The driver side of the truck isn't working...." - did it suffer a stroke and is paralyzed? You mention the "solenoid" but also refer to "the button for the door". Are these separate or are you referring to the same thing? The solenoid is part of the starter on the engine, and IIRC the only black part may be the plastic cover near the terminals. The 'button' at the driver door is a plunger switch that operates your interior dome light, and it is not associated with the starter solenoid. Can you post a picture of what you are trying to fix?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
31,213 Posts
So, after rereading your post a couple of times, I am still a bit confused. The driver side of the truck isn't working...." - did it suffer a stroke and is paralyzed? You mention the "solenoid" but also refer to "the button for the door". Are these separate or are you referring to the same thing? The solenoid is part of the starter on the engine, and IIRC the only black part may be the plastic cover near the terminals. The 'button' at the driver door is a plunger switch that operates your interior dome light, and it is not associated with the starter solenoid. Can you post a picture of what you are trying to fix?
He has shaved doors so he needs the poppers to open them. Nothing to do with the starter.

·
Premium Member
2003 Sonoma SLS ext. cab 4.3L / 4x4
899 Posts
Thanks for the clarification - I guess I've got a touch of densitis today.
Hey @Rhotpursuit - you laughing at my "affliction"? That's just so rude. :D Besides, I'm a very sensitive sort of fella, and I bruise easily. :rolleyes:

·
B4U Task Force Admin
31,213 Posts
.....see you there.

Reactions: aitch
1 - 14 of 14 Posts