S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys, i hit the track again. this time it was a lot bigger than previous tracks. I didn't feel i ever got going as fast as i could, for some reason i always felt a little sloppy out there on that large track. overall though i still beat 2 RSX, a GTO and a SRT-4 which is kinda cool
here are the times

my truck took first place in its bracket (H-stock)
http://www.wichitascca.org/results/2007/07152007-ByClass.html

overall 65 out of 75
and in the pax 38 out of 75
http://www.wichitascca.org/results/2007/07152007-ByTime.html

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys, if any of you ever have the oportunity to autocross, defiantly give it a try, its a blast.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is your suspension set up?
its pretty much stock really. i have a front anti-sway bar (factory) and no rear anti-sway bar.
the only thing i have really done suspension wise is some Monroe Reflex shocks

·
Negative 10
22,389 Posts
so in these races. can you go hellla fast or what? i mean can you haul ass and take turns as fast as possible and basically drift around them or what? or do you have to take them slow enough to keep perfect control/?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so in these races. can you go hellla fast or what? i mean can you haul ass and take turns as fast as possible and basically drift around them or what? or do you have to take them slow enough to keep perfect control/?
you pretty much get to do whatever you want or whatever gets you around the corner the fastest but there is no real set driving style. unfortunatly, drifting = slooooow on a timed lap.

·
Trackside Support Vehicle
4,063 Posts
what i usually try to do is take it easy on the first 3 runs, try to get perfect on my 4th and 5th, and just go balls to wall and have fun on teh last run. haha

when u go, your gonna find out that it's really hard to "drift" in out trucks, esp w/ stock suspension and open diff. our trucks like to go straight when u turn sharp.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what i usually try to do is take it easy on the first 3 runs, try to get perfect on my 4th and 5th, and just go balls to wall and have fun on teh last run. haha

when u go, your gonna find out that it's really hard to "drift" in out trucks, esp w/ stock suspension and open diff. our trucks like to go straight when u turn sharp.
totally, when i take a turn too fast i get horrible loads of underseer.
but how many runs do you normally get per heat? a lot of times i only get 4 runs where i race.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 19 of 19 Posts