S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is my mock-up I drew. I dont think I am going to have enough room for an over the axle bag setup. probably go with a behind the axle setup. Its modeled off the pete and jake's 4 link I have. I need some detailed s-10 frame measurements so I can draw that in as well. but its like 5 degrees out and Im not about to try and crawl under my truck.

I Think I need to spin the lower axle mounts back so that the mounting points of the fronts of the bars are all in line, right now the lowers are almost 2 inches farther foward. I like the angle of the dangle to be exact.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
cool.. there's not gonna be enough room for those bar mounts and axle bag mounts up there.. pretty sure there wont be. I'd do a lever setup if I were you...

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There really isnt anything to lever off of. I might be able to squeeze it between the frame and the bottom bar.. but my bars are 1"OD 1/4 wall, round. I really dont want to spend anymore money.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
motomullet
hey lets throw some cants on the back
yes through them lower mounts rependicular to the ground

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm.. anyone want to trade some 2600s for the f9000s?

·
Dey took rrr jobs!!
4,322 Posts
Looks good dude! I need to "buy" me a copy of autoCAD. I havent used it in so long since high school. I don't think we ever did models though all I remember was house plans and building elevations etc.

·
I drive a bike-cycle
358 Posts
I am a cad operator...but that prolly isnt a big deal right now...I have a kp 4-link with behind the axle brackets and 2600's...its really tight but the kp pumpkin bracket is really big. if you run a regular 4-link with tabs welded to the axle tub your shouldn't have a problem at all... check my gallery

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey guys. whats the firestone part # for the f9000 bags? I'm not seeing them on firestone's website..

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
I dont think hes tryin to beat prices, just lookin around... heh.. unless his dad works at Firestone or somethin... one guy's dad here does, forgot who tho.

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was looking on firestone's site to get specs on the bags. I look in ARTs site, the f9000s only have a 1500 pound rating. I thinking maybe I want to run my 2 2600s in a canti setup back to back parallel to the axle.

·
I like mine with no shine
52 Posts
Is that going to be your factory cross member that the upper link bars are attached to? If so, you might wanna check your clearance between that and your axle.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts