S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rebuilt my motor still no running yet there no fluid in the tranny but its in park right now and i can still push it..Is that casue i got no fluid in it or mabey i bent the shift linkage

·
Registered
181 Posts
The park pawl isn't functioning properly. As aforementioned, park is a mechanical operation. Not a hydraulic. When the vehicle is off, there is no fluid pumping. Correct? SO how would the vehicle hold itself there when it is shut off. Something isn't right. Either bent linkage, or worn bushings...

·
Lunatic
257 Posts
it's easy, you might even be able to adjust your current linkage.
there are three retaining pins and a 13mm bolt holding the linkage to the steering column, frame and tranny. you could loosen the bolt, put the tranny in park (flip the arm on the tranny all the way forward), then put the shifter in park and tighten the bolt.
if that doesn't fix it then you'll need to repair or replace the linkage.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the help man it might be cause i jacked the body of its mounts to get the bell housing bolts off so mabey i just bent it.Well i will try that anyways thanks alot again...

·
Lunatic
257 Posts
you should also check to make sure none of the pins were ripped out. there's one on the tranny, one at the end of the steering column in the engine bay, and one on the frame.

if you need linkage i think i have a set (i'll have to look) that you can have, shipping across the border shouldn't be that much.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Humm where u at im like 5 min from the border in aldergrove its like 30 min from vancouver

1 - 14 of 14 Posts