S-10 Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,334 Posts
My 99 xtreme quad mod and drl ahl went by the book as I remember, Now my 99 ZR2! Nothing works as how to's say. Got the resistor 2.2 pulled the relay blah blah. Finally just wired some BT leds that o can turn on n off with my phone BUT passenger headlight over rides it when ya put it in gear and removing the drl relay causes the drivers side light to fail in my case (unless I just turn on my bt led to white or yellow or whatever.. so got a PAINLESS quad kit, new drl relay, pulled the resistor out and just put everything back to stock-ish...now I only get 5.7v to the low beam socket which won't power anything and high beam won't come on at all (ok well nevermind went inside to start typing cane out to verify my low bean drivers side was at 10 volts , then swapped drl relay to 5.8 volts but ALAS went back outside an have no volts...none at drivers low socket...I'm hardwiringvmy bluetooth joints and calling it a day till I get another wiring harness and start over...my point is those simple tricks don't work on ZR2 B4U that is why your research is conflicting bcuz ZR2 are simply different...end. fin...also mine sucks at life apparently
You do realize the ZR2's use the opposite lights of the other S10 drls...right??

Reactions: Beasyphone

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
You do realize the ZR2's use the opposite lights of the other S10 drls...right??
Yes lol...I officially managed to kill all voltage to drivers side, ran a fused hot wire to the blue tooth joints , can only get one on, seems both my new drl relays are acting up OR I managed to break something else lol. I got the painless kit on a whim hoping it just clean up my homemade relay situation that worked but was kind if ugly, did not think thru or focus at all went on painless instructions...looking back an hour later all around dumb idea, dark frustrated and really accomplished nothing but now one BT low beam works lol. The other is stuck on led mode so only the chip is in (which is bright as hell) but it/they overpower the rgb nonsense so meh unless the truck is in park and the switch is off. I think I'll just get a factory harness now thst it's all cut up and junky if they're not too expensive or just deal with one headlight or put then on a switch as I have open breakers on my panel (pulled out bed lights) but yes, in a fit of frustration tried to clean things up, I never did get (with resistor and drl 86 mod and relays) get the lights to stay off if she was in gear...thst one still eluded me, which was also frustrating. But now I gotta remember how the heck I had the BT joints wired and dig up the thread thst explained what I did wrong to make only passenger side low/high work...because forget all my nonsense, I put the factory Wagner 9006s and new drl relay, removed resistor and I still only had passenger side anything??? Soo...yeah I'm retired for the evening. Gonna try yelling at it timoro ; see if that helps fix anything

21 - 22 of 22 Posts