S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2000 chevy s10 single cab a few weeks ago and im about to install some audio. I have 2 12" pioneer subs (the latest model out) and still need to purchase a box and a amp. Im 6'0 and I dont want to loose any leg room, what would be my best bet... to install just 1 12" sub or can I install 2 12" with no legroom loss? I also dont want to have to build my own box.. would a single box for 1 12" work that I could buy from the local audio store for like 20 bux? Thanks

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
a box for $20? shit, tell me where youre shopping...they usually run a LOT more for a custom box.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not a custom box.. Its just a universal single box for a 12" sub.. its like 24 bux from a place in town.. I forgot the name of the place but they have alot of boxes for cheap.... I dunno if I should just sell the 2 12" pioneers and get 2 10's or ive also been told to get 1 10" or 8" solo baric kicker....

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
Single cab, 12s and legroom do not coexist. Get some 10s or some really beefy eights. I am 5'10" and I ran a single Infinity Reference 10 and I could put the seat all the way back with the box that had 4 1/2 inches of top depth and 8 inches of bottom depth, but I usually had the seat up one notch because I was afraid the woofer would extend and hit the back of it.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
the woofer hitting the seat really isnt that bad, just sounds terrible.

·
Got Boost?
38 Posts
Arent we going for good sound here?? cuz if it sounds terrible, just leave the stock stereo in, and you can gimme rides and i can pretend that im the sub, ill sound better than 1 pushing on your seat.

·
Computer Geek
6,326 Posts
twizmode said:
I just bought a 2000 chevy s10 single cab a few weeks ago and im about to install some audio. I have 2 12" pioneer subs (the latest model out) and still need to purchase a box and a amp. Im 6'0 and I dont want to loose any leg room, what would be my best bet... to install just 1 12" sub or can I install 2 12" with no legroom loss? I also dont want to have to build my own box.. would a single box for 1 12" work that I could buy from the local audio store for like 20 bux? Thanks
pm me i can hook u up with someone that can custom build u a box for a good price to the specs for the sub. pm me for further details.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts