S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone please tell me and/or show me how/where you went through the firewall. its my final step before hearing them and its really bugging the heck out of me :dunno:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright man ill deff check it out. and deja_vu969, im extremely liking that sun roof. it looks pretty awesome.

·
NOS make light brighter!
1,480 Posts
and use a Grommet to keep the fumes down and not rub through your wire sleeve.

Hot ticket:

Go to Home Depot or Lowes, and in the electrical department they will have these.

It is a compression type strain relief for SO cord (welding cable). It comes in different I.D. sizes, and will completely seal the hole. Best part is that you will pay less than half of what audio companies like Monster charge for the exact same thing.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Streetwires has the same thing. $10 at Crutchfield. That one above looks metal. Not sure if I would want to use that.

·
NOS make light brighter!
1,480 Posts
Streetwires has the same thing. $10 at Crutchfield. That one above looks metal. Not sure if I would want to use that.
Plastic ones are available also. The metal in the compression end will not touch the wire, and if the threaded end is an issue, a fiber bushing can be used on the end. If the metal ones were dangerous, electricians wouldn't use them.

3/4" strain relief at Lowe's- $4.
Fiber bushing-$.50.
Not paying the premium car audio companies charge to rebadge common electrical items- Priceless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts