S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
jrodgraphicanddesign.com
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i know very little bout audio...not really my field...but im putting these 2 subs in my gfs cavalier and taking my jbl 600x1 amp...here is the link to the subs

will the jbl 600x1 be alright?

also, i got 2 of these..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38647&item=2450446472

which amp would be better for them
http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/235

or

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/245

thanks for any help...im clueless when it comes to audio..im more of an exterior guy.alpine type e

·
Registered
806 Posts
That jbl amp is only stable to 2 ohms. the jbl 1200 can go down to 1 ohm. U can run them lower, Ive run the 1200 at .5 ohm for daily driving, and it held up fine, but I wouldnt sugest people do it. Like 98slonoma said, both Audiobahn amps would do the job

·
Registered
806 Posts
I theory, yeah it will work, but not well. Those Audiobahn subs are dual 4 ohm voice coils, that means you would have to wire the voice coils up to 8 ohms, or wire them down to 2 ohms. You plan on using 2 subwoofers......your final load will be either 4 ohms, or 1 ohm. You need to find an amp that will put out big power at 4 ohms or 1 ohm. Your JBL amp puts out the most power at 2 ohms, 600 watts. With those 2 subs, you cant get a 2 ohm load. You could run that amp at 4 ohms, but it will only put out 300 watts, which means each sub will get about 150 watts. You could take the risk and run the amp at 1 ohm, but more than likely the amp will take a dump. To make it easy

1. Buy another JBL 600.1, run one amp to each sub
2. Buy either one of the audiobahn amps stated above for the pair of subs
3. Buy any monoblock amp that puts out power at 4 ohms or 1 ohm.

·
jrodgraphicanddesign.com
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well my situation was, i have that 600.1 runnin my audiobahns...im putting a system in my gfs cavalier and was just gonna give her my jbl600.1 for the alpines and buy myself a new more powerful amp for my subs(audiobahns), being she doesnt care much bout how much bass she has, just something that sounds decent.

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
laynlow03xtreme said:
That jbl amp is only stable to 2 ohms. the jbl 1200 can go down to 1 ohm. U can run them lower, Ive run the 1200 at .5 ohm for daily driving, and it held up fine, but I wouldnt sugest people do it. Like 98slonoma said, both Audiobahn amps would do the job
Wrong wrong wrong

All JBL xxx.1 amps are stable to 1 ohm. They just dont put out anymore power over 2 ohm. It even says it on their site and manuals.

I would take the JBL over Audiobahn any day.

And the JBL is alittle underrated, it puts out about 700w.

·
jrodgraphicanddesign.com
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
blacksls00 said:
Wrong wrong wrong

All JBL xxx.1 amps are stable to 1 ohm. They just dont put out anymore power over 2 ohm. It even says it on their site and manuals.

I would take the JBL over Audiobahn any day.

And the JBL is alittle underrated, it puts out about 700w.
so will the jbl 600.1 work with the 2 alpine type e's? i like the jbl amp alot, i just want something thats more appealing to the eye, i got the chrome flame subs, chrome grill covers and mtx chrome amp.....as long as the type e's will work with the 600x1 then im ok....if not then i got a prob.

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
Yea, it'll work great. If the Type E's are single 4 ohm, just wire them in parallel for a 2ohm load.

The 600.1 is:

300x1 @ 4ohm
600x1 @ 2 and 1ohm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts