S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, I have been getting my truck ready for 20s and I was wondering how far along you are on getting your truck to lay on them big 'ol things? I got the rear of my truck al ready, plenty of notch, and i trimmed out the back lip of the cab wall, and a small hole in the cab floor, all to clear the driveshaft, so it lays hard.... now i need to do the front!! I got the whole air conditioning out, and my inner fenders. But now i know some cutting has to be done to the actual fenders and the firewall, was wondering if you have gotten that far and if you could send some pictures my way if you have, to help me out.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
yeah, actually dude, pics and discription would help me out a TON! i am not gonna say what my wheel combo is gonna be till its done cause i want it to be suprise kinda. so any help with how to lay frame on 20s in the front would be a BIG help

·
Dis Member
87 Posts
Question Wayne

Do you plan on body dropping?

If you do then make sure you go ahead and u tub out the firewall enough to tuck a 20 bd.

Basiclly what you need to cut on the firewall is directly behind the tire. You'll need to cut a radius of the outer diamter of the tire basiclly, make sure you have 1/2 to 1 inch of clearance between the two.

Of course you'll need to trimm the fender a bit for the top of the tire to clear. Otherwise than that i know there are a few other tricks to get the front of an S10 down on 20's, i don't know them personally but I know it's a PITA to do.

·
Dis Member
87 Posts
I still have it, it's in the process of getting body dropped right now. The rear is also getting redone for 20's.

I'm getting ready to take it out for the 2002 show season.

Waiting to get it back and looking at buying an enclosed trailer.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Question Wayne

Mike D said:
Do you plan on body dropping?

If you do then make sure you go ahead and u tub out the firewall enough to tuck a 20 bd.

Basiclly what you need to cut on the firewall is directly behind the tire. You'll need to cut a radius of the outer diamter of the tire basiclly, make sure you have 1/2 to 1 inch of clearance between the two.

Of course you'll need to trimm the fender a bit for the top of the tire to clear. Otherwise than that i know there are a few other tricks to get the front of an S10 down on 20's, i don't know them personally but I know it's a PITA to do.
well i dont see a bodydrop in line for my truck at all... the truck is gonna be a daily driver, as soon as i get it running. I love the looks of a bodydropped truck, but i hate the look of a bodydropped truck torn to **** from dragging on everything.
Also, with side to side, and a bodydrop, wouldnt that just smash the rockers into the ground when you hit sides??? Yeah i was pretty sure we could figure out the cutting and welding of the fenders and firewall for tucking 20s, but i have heard about cutting and rewelding the upper control arms and stuff??? Any word on that would be great, i have looked at it and it doesnt seem like i would have to do any of that, but tell me i am wrong if you know. And pictures of this whole process would be greatly accepted!!!!

·
E.M.A. Customs
266 Posts
damn basel you have a big mouth !

·
E.M.A. Customs
266 Posts
damn basel you have a big mouth !

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
aight then, since the cat is outta the bag that I am gonna be running some huge ass wheel combo, i might as well tell you the truth and tell you what my REAL setup is gonna be, its not that cool, its just 24" rims in the front, and in the rear i am gonna be running some tractor wheels off of Wilber's tractor down the street. Damn now its not gonna be a suprise, but i couldnt keep it in any longer, haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts