S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any recomdations as far as how much to shave off the head for higher compression, im replacing it all cam, vavles,rockers, lifters, pushrods all of it plus its getting ported, new computer

really wanting to know if im going to need more fuel enhancement than what the new computer is going to give because of the added cfm going through the motor dont want a lean condition and blown cylinders the second it gets fired up

im also opening up the intake manifold and hrottel bodie assembly....thats right im going ****ing nutz then the bottle and ignition controll and finishing the rear end ohhhh baby:yikes:

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I've asked several shops, and they said not to shave anything....but thats cause they didn't know **** about the engine.......after you do this, I'm going to follow suit, cause I've wanted to open up the top end since day one !!!

caleb

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont see y not i know heads on here have suposdly done it but as i recall those that said they had done it didnt know the specs on anything :dunno: i dont see how people can just go into a shop and say here port this without wanting to know whats being done :dunce: :2far:

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
EXACTLY, thats why I believe no one has had it done
I've talked to a couple shops in the area....but I've never done anything yet cause something else always needs to be done first, and I'm saving up for the kid and stuff....

Caleb

·
Oooo. It's so tiny!
1,108 Posts
I've heard of porting the intake and 1.6:1 rocker arms on a 2.2, but not shaving the head. Better check that valve lift and see how much piston clearance you have first. Should be some to play with since it's not really high compression to start with. I wish someone would make a hotter cam for the 2.2 though. That and a set of roller rockers...

·
Registered
31 Posts
When I redid my head at 65,000 miles I had the head shaved .0035in to get rid of the warping, it was done by the machine shop at CARQUEST. They also slightly oversized my valves and did a triple angle job on the valves to give it a more mushroom flow into the cylinders. I also am looking for a better cam and some roller rockers if you find some let me know.
Thanks

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
www.sporttruckspecialties.com has your roller rockers...well, at least now I know my head can be shaved....might just have to do that in addition to my quest for boost

Caleb

·
I rape little boys
1,329 Posts
yea better check clearances.....you shave too much you will be eatin a motor....b/c the valves will intefere with the pitons.....soo...check that good........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts