S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everybody? Well i decided to shave the side xtreme emlems on the doors today to clean it up. I was going to try to get rid of that ugly sticker chevy emblem off the back but it was on there pretty good.:barf: I really want to take that emblem off though. I might just try to find a same size emblem but in silver/chrome. I think that would look alot better than the yellow on my dark cherry red blazer x.

·
SoCal Mini-Trucker n FL
230 Posts
If your lookin for a way to remove the sticker, use a heat gun/hair dryer to heat it up. Start on one side at the edge and get it as hot as you can. Then as your peeling it, heat it as you go. Hope this helps you out.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Used a blow dryer on mine. Started it off by peeling edge up with one of my wifes wooden cuticle sticks so that i didnt scuff or scratch the paint. Definitely better looking without it.:D

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks. I shouldve tried that before i posted! But o well, That emblem is definately going today. I think i might go get a chrome vinyl decal in place of it. I think that would look so much better.

·
Cali Member
50 Posts
What Up? I just recently shaved my Xtreme badges off as well. I was really hesitant for a long time but i like how it turned out. a little bit plainer but much cleaner... atleast some people have to actually ask me what it is now, instead of the regular "oh, thats one of those Xtremes..."

the yellow bowtie? lol, i took that off the first day i had it, funny you say it was difficult, i peeled mine off with just my fingers and it came off like a banana peel with no mess

·
Registered
77 Posts
For the side xtreme emblems I just used a little bug and tar remover and took denal floss and ran it behind the emblem to frre it. My bowtie on the back peeled off, took like 2 seconds. After I took off the xtreme emblems though I had to go over it a couple times with some mroe bug and tar remover to get the black junk off. Good luck

·
Registered
113 Posts
i took my side emblems off and my bowtie off the back and replaced them all with identical sized silver stickers, looks nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts