S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, we are practically an exclusive club. This was the last year for TBI, not to mention that there are two different computer systems used, not to mention that we had the lowest hp rating of any 4.3 S-10.

so i want to hear what you've done for mods, and what you are planning.

·
Chevy Rules!
144 Posts
Not to much yet. All I can think of is the K&N open element. I do plan on the MSD 6A, blaster coil, Accell cap and roter, 8.8 MM plugs, Cat back, Cat, 4.10 gears, Auburn LSD, Eddelbrock headers, Flex fan, K&N xtream top with ram air hood feeding it with cold air, optimum battery and wipple supercharger. That should keep me busy. I dont know what I can do for the computer. The sticker says I have OBD1 but I dont have a replaceable chip behind the dash I have a flat black computer above the collant overflow tank. Is that what you have and how do you like your stage 2 chip?

·
Registered
32 Posts
My plan....

I think that I am going to try and use an Edelbrock piggy back chip on my computer to swap in an Edelbrock MPFI V-8. It should work, and I need either my stock computer or the computer out of a 93-95 fullsize TBI so that it will controll the 4L60-E tranny. With aluminum heads, aluminum water pump, and aluminum radiator it should be as a light or lighter than the V-6. Drive train changes (if the swap happens, I am still considering it) would be a change to 3.27 gears with an Auburn Differential. I would run with the stock tranny and converter till one or the other shucked and then would step up to a B&M or ArtCarr tranny and converter. With the improved fuel injection and ample power I am betting I would still get 20 MPG or better. My truck should accelerate to 60 in at least the mid six's with a fairly mild 350, I bet. **** expensive though.

Fuel Injection- $900
Performer heads- $1000
Goodwrench 350- $800
Performer cam- $130
Radiator- $400
Exhaust- $300- at least
Rear end- $800 with all that stuff installed
Conversion to ZQ8- $900

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
disable the computer and put the 396 in it with a jet rans flame thrower ignition, and a 4.11posi hehe will make corvette owners:cry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts