S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Brings The Mosh
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following numbers are the correct settings for the "Time Correction" function, in an S-10. If you are not familiar with the "Time Correction", Alpine describes it as the following; "The distance between the listener and the speakers in a car vary widely due to the special conditions of the mobile environment. This difference in the distances from the speakers to the listener creates a shift in the sounds image and frequency characteristics. This is caused by the time delay between the sound reaching the listers right versus left ear. The Time Correction function is able to delay the audio signal to the speakers closest to the listener. This is measured in .1ms <-meters per second " The instruction say measure the distances from the drivers position and then use this formula; Distance of Farthest Speaker - Distance of Desired Speaker= L , L/Speed of Sound= M, M*1000= The correct setting for each of the different speakers...seeing as how most people don't want to bust out the measuring tape and do all this math ill give you the numbers for the right setting, it actually makes a big difference...Press "T. Corr" then go to TCR
FL = 1.3
RL = 1.1
FR = 0.3
RR = 0.0

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
We need someone to do it tho, with an extended cab.......

Because dont the single cabs have speakers in front and back?
Ext. cabs have dash/door speakers........

·
Master Shake
2,823 Posts
And if I have only two speakers, which are apparently reversed? (left-side sounds come from the right speaker, and vice versa)

·
Brings The Mosh
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
One way it may apply if you have two speakers is to retard the timing on the speaker closest to you so its perceived correctly...Regular cab and extended both have dash and door speakers. The setting above is to make music sound best from the drivers position in the truck. You can set the stereo to sound its best for passenger and driver,it doesnt sound as good but its the best sound it can be with both side of the car in mind...FL = 0.3, RL = 0.0, FR = 0.3, and RR = 0.0...I would stick with the numbers above, I only care about what I hear and wont comprimise for someody else who wont even notice the difference; thats just my $.02

·
Registered
746 Posts
I'm pretty sure it'd differ from person to person, as no two people will sit EXACTLY the same as the person that measured, and im fairly sure not everyone is the exact same height as the person measured (ie, ears higher or lower).....

·
Picture goes here \/
673 Posts
thats what im thinkin.. if a 5-2 person measured it, he would be closer and lower than a 6-5 person...

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
Rollins said:
One way it may apply if you have two speakers is to retard the timing on the speaker closest to you so its perceived correctly...Regular cab and extended both have dash and door speakers. The setting above is to make music sound best from the drivers position in the truck. You can set the stereo to sound its best for passenger and driver,it doesnt sound as good but its the best sound it can be with both side of the car in mind...FL = 0.3, RL = 0.0, FR = 0.3, and RR = 0.0...I would stick with the numbers above, I only care about what I hear and wont comprimise for someody else who wont even notice the difference; thats just my $.02
I thought single's had speakers in the back too? No?

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
standard cabs have no place to put speakers in the back...id think that the small variations from person to person might affect the time correction by a little but, but nothing that you would be able to notice.

·
Registered
746 Posts
MuddyS10 said:
standard cabs have no place to put speakers in the back...id think that the small variations from person to person might affect the time correction by a little but, but nothing that you would be able to notice.
i beg to differ ;)

position of the ears in relation to where this guy measured, will play a BIG role in the process..

some people lean their seat far back and can barely see the steering wheel.....some people have it so their head's almost touching the truck roof....not to mention every in between and every varying height from person to person, those ms start to count....

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
oh, my bad then, i thought single's had speaker in the back pillars......

whoops. :)

So, in the dash/door config........which is the FL and RL? Dash = front? Door = rear?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think for the dash/door config, FL=Dash Left, RL=Door Left, FR=Dash Right, and RR=Door Right

·
Got V8?
3,263 Posts
x3ro said:
i beg to differ ;)

position of the ears in relation to where this guy measured, will play a BIG role in the process..

some people lean their seat far back and can barely see the steering wheel.....some people have it so their head's almost touching the truck roof....not to mention every in between and every varying height from person to person, those ms start to count....
For those of you who are THAT concerned about relatively minor differences, you should go out to your driveway and measure it for yourself OR not mess with time correction AND not bother posting. Thank you :p

·
Registered
746 Posts
SMNW2003 said:
For those of you who are THAT concerned about relatively minor differences, you should go out to your driveway and measure it for yourself OR not mess with time correction AND not bother posting. Thank you :p
:p

well you said it wouldn't make a difference.....but TECHNICALLY....it would :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts